Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heated windshield half broken?

O

orbitelevendk

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We had our first cold, frosty morning over the weekend and the heated windshield ofour relatively new (delivered March '22) Cali seems to be half-broken. I assume this will be a warranty item, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if it's just a fuse or something (I'm at work and have not RTFM yet).

IMG_0296.jpegIMG_0295.jpeg

Certainly a good advertisement for the effectiveness of the heated windscreen.

There are 2 fuses for the system , so my guess either SB8 or SB26 has blown. Question is why?

Certainly a good advertisement for the effectiveness of the heated windscreen.

There are 2 fuses for the system , so my guess either SB8 or SB26 has blown. Question is why?

Do you have a diagram for this box? Can't seem to find it in the manual or online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you switch it off once you realised it was on one side...Its just on my Landrover Discovery sport with heated front screen it clears one side and then the other side in sequence so looks exactly like your photo at the half way clearing point...just a thought?

Probably a fuse or relay failed for that side. It may even be a failed connection at the windscreen on one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s faulty, however the is a possibility that a cable is not attached correctly

there are two flat ribbon cables at the bottom of the screen, to get access to them you need to remove the scuttle panel , the cables protrude from the bottom of the windscreen far right & left and are attached to connectors in either side of the scuttle.

may be worth checking it’s not just a cable not attached from factory, if not it will require a new screen.

Last edited:
Lots of very informative and helpful suggestions but as the vehicle is so new anything that is disturbed whilst trying to find/fix the problem could give a dealer an excuse to reject a warranty claim.

Take the van back to a dealership and leave it up to them.