Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater/Fan above passenger head 2011 Cali

N

nickandemma

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, I'm new here but am in desperate need of advise about the heater/fan which is above my son's head near to the sliding door. He is sure that it was working last year, and we remember it being very loud if he had it on full setting (number 4). Well this year it's not working, silent. We didn't pay extra for the air conditioning in the back, but bought the Cali new in June 2011. VW are insisting that the vent was never operational and that all Cali's have the grill in case off 'air conditioning upgrade'. In the brochure it clearly states that the living area has "separately controlled heating system for living area".
Does anyone out there have a 2011 Cali who can shed some light on this as VW aren't helping.
Many thank, Emma

The separate heating is probably the 'night heater' (the vent on the floor behind the drivers seat). The rear heating vents only have their own controls/zone if you have the 'climatronic' option.

There is a control panel with a dial for hot-cold and another for speed 0-4.

Californiaman said:
The separate heating is probably the 'night heater' (the vent on the floor behind the drivers seat). The rear heating vents only have their own controls/zone if you have the 'climatronic' option.

Ours has two dials - One for fan speed and the other for temperature and we haven't got climatronic.

To make it work though you have to press the button on the dash marked "rear" otherwise it does nothing ;)

Hi m4rky,
When you press 'rear' does the air come out of the vent by the floor?

Yes I think it does you can adjust the speed and temp with the 2 dials :lol:

Hi Calikev & M4rky - you have saved me from going insane. I'll be phoning VW Customer Care to tell them how the Cali works!! Thanks again - what a great forum.

It might sound a little obvious but have you checked the manual?

nickandemma said:
Hi Calikev & M4rky - you have saved me from going insane. I'll be phoning VW Customer Care to tell them how the Cali works!! Thanks again - what a great forum.

Your welcome - It took us a while to work that one out in our Cali too :thumb

Took me a year! I was just wondering one day about this extra button, with the funny symbol of a van with a few squiggles, so I pressed it and lo ...