Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater on

PaulW

PaulW

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
ive noticed som damp recently in the Ocean so thought id put tge tiner on the heater and ket that run for 30 mins every morning

Anyone else do this ?

ive noticed som damp recently in the Ocean so thought id put tge tiner on the heater and ket that run for 30 mins every morning

Anyone else do this ?
No, and doing that without ventilating the Van Interior will not dry it out.
Simple physics.
If condensation present, heating the van will warm it and air inside. Condensation will disappear as warm air can carry more water vapour. Heater Off and van will cool and excess water will condense out.
Ventilation will remove water condensation or using Disposable Dehumidifiers will dry the interior out.

Hmmm.......
I'm not sure that's the best thing to do......
By putting on the heater you are drawing air (which is quite "wet" this time of year) from outside your Cali (which is cold) inside. That means warm, wet air meeting cold metal surfaces and potentially increasing condensation. You will not notice at first because your Cali will be getting warm and the air will be able to carry more moisture but when you switch off your heater and your Cali cools down you may notice more condensation than you first started with.
What do I do? I use the A/C (yes I know it's winter) with a std 21/22 deg C setting each time I use my cali just as I do with my BMW, my wifes Skoda and my son's Honda Jazz.

Hmmm.......
I'm not sure that's the best thing to do......
By putting on the heater you are drawing air (which is quite "wet" this time of year) from outside your Cali (which is cold) inside. That means warm, wet air meeting cold metal surfaces and potentially increasing condensation. You will not notice at first because your Cali will be getting warm and the air will be able to carry more moisture but when you switch off your heater and your Cali cools down you may notice more condensation than you first started with.
What do I do? I use the A/C (yes I know it's winter) with a std 21/22 deg C setting each time I use my cali just as I do with my BMW, my wifes Skoda and my son's Honda Jazz.
I think the OP is referring to using the Diesel Parking Heater not the Engine Powered Heating System. But I agree the AirCon is extremely useful during the colder months to dry the air coming into the vehicle.

Oh
No, and doing that without ventilating the Van Interior will not dry it out.
Simple physics.
If condensation present, heating the van will warm it and air inside. Condensation will disappear as warm air can carry more water vapour. Heater Off and van will cool and excess water will condense out.
Ventilation will remove water condensation or using Disposable Dehumidifiers will dry the interior out.
Never listend in phisics boring.

seemed to be working had better get the garage finshed

Yeah I put mine on shortly before I go to work and as above it will lose any ice/frost (wonderful not to have to scrape) and it although it does help the condensation a little whilst its still warm, I find the air con when driving to work helps get rid of moisture most effectively.

I think the OP is referring to using the Diesel Parking Heater not the Engine Powered Heating System. But I agree the AirCon is extremely useful during the colder months to dry the air coming into the vehicle.
Indeed, agree. I think the point I was trying to make (obviously clumsily) was that in all other cars no Diesel Parking Heater available and that using A/C with sensible temp setting from Engine Power is all you need. (plus normal ventilation - but I thought that was not needed to be written).
Hey Ho...

Elevate the roof and run the heater. That way you get ventilation. Also, after travelling make sure to ventilate and cool down the van and that will give you less moisture.