Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater recommendations

T

TurquoiseRocks

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
we are looking for a heater that can operate from both car battery (when ignition is both on or off) any recommendations?

i have a planer same as the eberspacher but cheaper.

we are looking for a heater that can operate from both car battery (when ignition is both on or off) any recommendations?
I presume you mean the Leisure Battery. Not a good idea to run from the Car/Engine Battery.

Airo also have a good reputation. Found below as a guide for fitted cost:

The Factory Fitted Eberspacher Heater is 3KW. I’m not sure how efficient/effective a 2KW unit would be.

2kw is more than enough takes a couple minutes for it to be "too hot" inside my beach. :)
3kw is better but not really needed in a small swb van like a cali, and will use slightly more fuel and more amps from your battery.

Ocean has 2 batteries so I suspect copes better with more watts required. Webasto do a 2000 or 3900 kw versions.

I understand the planar are basically a chinese copy of the eberspacher d2, and my experience with electronics and chinese factories cutting corners makes me nervous of them. However they are relatively simple tech not so many corners to be cut.

Air Top 2000 STCAir Top Evo 3900
Fuel consumption (l/h)0.13 - 0.270.18 - 0.42 (0.47*)
Rated voltage (V)1212
Operating voltage range (V)10 - 159 - 16
Rated power consumption (W)14 - 2915 - 40 (55*)

Last edited:
The planar is a quality heater and comes with 2 years parts and labour warranty

Apologies stand corrected, only going on the review on youtube and the brown box it came in was in chinese. May have just been an old box for shipping. :)

I have a Propex heater that runs on Lpg with a 12 litre tank slung under the van. I believe it is 2kw maximum but is more than adequate. I also have a barbecue point on the back so I can plug in my Cadac. Works well and refilling is cheap from Lpg filling stations. Around 70p per litre.

Back