Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater won’t respond and just has spinning wheel of doom on control panel.

H

HenrysSurfing

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
hello
So if I try and turn on the internal Aux heater I get a spinning wheel of doom. Controls panel unresponsive. Stays that way until I restart the car.
Normally resets its self if it turn engine / everything off and leave for a while.

Heater also does not work. Did work using the key fob remote control on a short burst but even that now doesn’t want to play.

Does anyone have any ideas on this. Vehicle only 1 month old.

Thanks.

i assume its a 6.1 ? try pulling the fuses to reset the panel and try again. someone will be along to tell you which ones. i thinks its 4 fuses to pull. 567 and 8. also try hook up.

Which heater? "Heat immediately" or "heat continuously"?

i assume its a 6.1 ? try pulling the fuses to reset the panel and try again. someone will be along to tell you which ones. i thinks its 4 fuses to pull. 567 and 8. also try hook up.
Thanks I’ll try that.

Heat continuously was the first one to have a problem now both.

Think of "heat immediately" as a parking heater with a two hour run time limit. The time limit appears to be cumulative. It's only reset to zero once you drive the vehicle.

The remote activates the "heat immediately" heater.

Once the heater is locked out (reaches its runtime limit) neither will work. You need to drive the vehicle to get the heater going again.

hello
So if I try and turn on the internal Aux heater I get a spinning wheel of doom. Controls panel unresponsive. Stays that way until I restart the car.
Normally resets its self if it turn engine / everything off and leave for a while.

Heater also does not work. Did work using the key fob remote control on a short burst but even that now doesn’t want to play.

Thanks.

hello

Thanks.

Have a look at the thread below - I had a similar problem when I was trying to run the cabin heater with not enough diesel in the tank; I'm not saying this is at the root of your issue, but for me the measure of taking the under-the-passenger-seat fuses out one by one and refitting them before trying again certainly worked a treat to unfreeze the screen. I didn't bother to identify which fuse finally did the trick, as there were only a dozen or so to take out and refit:

If the heat continuously is used for more than 120 mins it stops working. Instead of telling you what the issue is or how to resolve the display just says 'Error' and gives you a scrolling circle. Found this out the hard way at 4am on a cold night. To clear you have to drive the vehicle more than 30m at >5mph.