Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heater

B

Brianandjoy

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Further problems,we are taking our recently purchased Ocean in for flat batteries,water pump not working,gas ignition not working fortunately under warranty on Wednesday.I thought I had better try the heater.When I turned it on clouds of choking diesel fumes cam out from under the van,that doesn’t sound right,what should I expect when I turn it on,I’m afraid to touch it again.We aren’t doing well with this van,only 18 months old

Further problems,we are taking our recently purchased Ocean in for flat batteries,water pump not working,gas ignition not working fortunately under warranty on Wednesday.I thought I had better try the heater.When I turned it on clouds of choking diesel fumes cam out from under the van,that doesn’t sound right,what should I expect when I turn it on,I’m afraid to touch it again.We aren’t doing well with this van,only 18 months old
Can happen if not used regularly and run upto temperature when used.

Eberspacher recommend firing up the Diesel Parking Heater, monthly and for at least an hour each time. VW don’t say anything.

If it has just been switched on for 10 minutes at a time and then off then I’m not surprised. It needs to be run for at least an hour, or more, to clean it out.

Can happen if not used regularly and run upto temperature when used.

Eberspacher recommend firing up the Diesel Parking Heater, monthly and for at least an hour each time. VW don’t say anything.

If it has just been switched on for 10 minutes at a time and then off then I’m not surprised. It needs to be run for at least an hour, or more, to clean it out.
I don´t understand the 1 hour bit.
When i put mine on and then turn off after about ten mins, it doesn´t
shut down straight away.
I thought this was because the running cycle has to finish, therefore
burning all of the fuel injected to the heater.
Mine is running like a good´n at the moment but i often do a few
short bursts just to check, never for a hour though.

I don´t understand the 1 hour bit.
When i put mine on and then turn off after about ten mins, it doesn´t
shut down straight away.
I thought this was because the running cycle has to finish, therefore
burning all of the fuel injected to the heater.
Mine is running like a good´n at the moment but i often do a few
short bursts just to check, never for a hour though.
Should be allowed to warm upto temperature and get the exhaust system heated up to temperature and dried out. Probably doesn’t need an hour but more than 10 minutes. It runs on, or at least the fan does to cool the heat exchanger.

Like every diesel engine it needs to get up themps. to have a good/clean burn , best to run it from time time on high level for longer periode , turning the heather on and then off within' short notice means it's not getting up to good running themps. just like your engine this means less performance and in time the exhaust clogging up.
When starting up there's a fume and smoke , if it's more than normal this could mean there's something wrong but most of the times it clears itself after a while .

Back