Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heating is not connected

Tom Rae

Tom Rae

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
"Heating is not connected" This came up on the control panel last night when it was quite cold and I tried to fire up the auxiliary heating. I checked both the fuses, the leisure battery under the cupboard and the fuel was nearly full and the situation remained despite holding down the right hand lower button on the control panel in an effort to reset it.

I did recently have a flat main battery and recharged it disconnected and this could have some bearing? The earth shunt has been modified and the heating has functioned fine since. Any help appreciated as nights are getting colder!

Tom
2009 model - pre face lift

try turning the control panel off then on to reset the heating

Thanks Daz60, I have done that a few times but to no avail, I have also tried what I believe to be a soft reset of the control panel (depressing the lower right button for 5 seconds).

After having tried almost countless times to start the heating, on hook up and off hook up, running and not running etc etc, last night I thought I would try it one last time, I am due to go to an auto electrician today, it suddenly started up and ran fine. I cannot explain it however I will still need to get it diagnosed as I want to be able to rely on it in future.

Did you get this resolved and if so did you discover what the problem was?

I am afraid I am not much help, the auto electrician could find no reason as it was working by then and it has continued to work ever since. There were a number of gremlins when I first bought the car but these have now all resolved themselves.

I am afraid I am not much help, the auto electrician could find no reason as it was working by then and it has continued to work ever since. There were a number of gremlins when I first bought the car but these have now all resolved themselves.
Thanks for the reply - I'm going through similar heater problems at the moment and to date 3 x VW dealers have been unable to find the fault. I'll post the saga on here once resolved.

I read somewhere that the Eberspacher heaters have some sort of error log memory of their own (not just the CU's), and sometimes a logged error can prohibit further functioning.
Taking the fuse for the heater out for 10 seconds or so should erase the heater's log and let it function again.

I recently had heater message on control unit stating ‘function not possible’ when wanting to fire it up for the recommended hour or so per month. I always leave the control unit on but the old turn it off and turn it on again sorted it for me.

I recently had heater message on control unit stating ‘function not possible’ when wanting to fire it up for the recommended hour or so per month. I always leave the control unit on but the old turn it off and turn it on again sorted it for me.
Mine said "Heater not possible" and hasn't worked since. Now at its 3rd VW garage who said they were throwing in the towel yesterday - some more tests being done and then I'm driving it back to Hanover LOL

Probably ‘heater not possible’ now you mention it.
Sounds like I was lucky. I hope I remain so as it is a real boon to get toasty in the van. One of the main U.S.P. - I.M.H.O.
Good luck in getting it sorted..

Thanks. To date they’ve discounted the heater, fuel pump and control panel. I’ll post the solution on the forum when it’s resolved ( they’ve been trying since August) lol

Back