Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Heating

Red wine lover

Red wine lover

Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Used the heating in my calli (2008 version) on the level one setting for 8 hours. Plenty warm enough even up top so I'm really pleased. However is there anywhere I can find out how much diesel I have used.......any answers out there?

Level one / eight hours .....
Depends how much it's kicked in .
But i'm sure you burned not enough diesel to worry about , those heaters use very litlle .
There are probally sheme's and technical reports but you won't get wiser imo. use it when you feel cold , the diesel cost is very litlle.

Fuel consumption is 0,15-0,35 L per hour.
So 8 hours at level one probably around 1,2 L diesel...

Fuel consumption is 0,15-0,35 L per hour.
So 8 hours at level one probably around 1,2 L diesel...

Does that take account of the fact that the heater cuts in and out depending on ambient temp?

Had a webasto on my previous van (a conversion) and although it used little fuel, the fan was a huge drain on the leisure battery. I’m so glad it’s not a problem on the Cali.

caliventures364847572.wordpress.com

Used the heating in my calli (2008 version) on the level one setting for 8 hours. Plenty warm enough even up top so I'm really pleased. However is there anywhere I can find out how much diesel I have used.......any answers out there?
Minimal. I've run it for 5 days Level 1 to 3 and the fuel gauge didn't move.

Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 08.41.26.jpg

Informative picture. Not sure about if it is the right heater, but they all consume similar.
A 2008 California usually has a ”Webasto AirTop 3500ST” auxiliary heater. Check the sticker in the door...

Informative picture. Not sure about if it is the right heater, but they all consume similar.
A 2008 California usually has a ”Webasto AirTop 3500ST” auxiliary heater. Check the sticker in the door...
No idea. That's mine. But they dont use much and those figures tend to be for constant running rather than temperature controlled.

As stated above, I think the manual says about 0,3 liter per hour (probably maximum, constant running).
So after 3 hours of constant running on maximum, you will not be short for 1 liter.

To get a true consumption figure it would need a timer to record the actual times powered up and heating on mode recording.
An exhaustive test over different external ambient temperatures would also have to be considered for any true average to be compiled.

Alternative is to have a small dedicated fuel tank and monitor that.

To get a true consumption figure it would need a timer to record the actual times powered up and heating on mode recording.
An exhaustive test over different external ambient temperatures would also have to be considered for any true average to be compiled.

Alternative is to have a small dedicated fuel tank and monitor that.
Or just use it. There is a cut off if tank level drops too low.

Thanks for all the replies, must admit it was quite warm......the heating clicked on and off.
Now wonder why so many worry about keeping warm upstairs, oh well we'll see what its like in the shetlands next April.

Thanks for all the replies, must admit it was quite warm......the heating clicked on and off.
Now wonder why so many worry about keeping warm upstairs, oh well we'll see what its like in the shetlands next April.
probably too windy to have the top up.

Back