Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Height of T6 Ocean

Stuarty

Stuarty

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I was looking for a bit of advice please? Can anyone tell me the height of a standard T6 Cali, and would you trust going into a multi story car park with a height restriction of 2 metres? The brochure says 1990, but from the picture I'm not sure this is to the top of the pop up roof or not.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cheers,
Stuart.

Should be as the brochure says but they sit differently depending on load, the best way is to measure yours.

Then can you trust the barrier is correct.
If the car park is below ground or multi storey are the slopes shallow enough for you to clear the roof when on the angle?
The only way is to get out and look.

Don't forget the awning!

We would never trust a multi storey unless it said 2.1m or over

I doubt I'll be going in any multi-storeys unless previously checked and as above it's best to measure.
Mine is just under the 2 metres but recently visited a nature reserve with a sign that said 2.1 and I was right not to trust it. I got in all right as it was one of those on chains with a bar. Just a case of nice people holding it up while I drove in. Probably a case of a bit of tarmacking being done.
Been under a number of other at 2.1 with no issue.

Mike

My awning takes me to 2.2m so am careful when out and about

Thanks

Should be OK but you may want to ask a passenger to sight it for you when you arrive.

We parked under the main market in Santander which said 2m, but many of the parking spots were actually well under 2m when we got in there due top air con ducting, etc. Thankfully each of those slots was marked but do be careful!

You answerd your own question on the height knowing what the brochure says.
Going under 2m barrier should go , caution is always good...

Last edited:
I have an Awning and Solar panel and it measures 1996m, so I use 2m restricted Car Parks with no problem, but check for your own piece of mind. Used the 2m Height restricted A86, 10km, tunnel around Paris with no problem.
T5 and T6 are same height depending on load.

I doubt I'll be going in any multi-storeys unless previously checked
I've been in a few 2.1s without any problems. But I allways get out and check.

I'm in Bristol tomorrow. Prefered parking spot would be Trenchard Street - had a look today and it states 2.05m. Probably too tight for comfort! Any suggestions for a good spot to park (in the evening) near the top of Park Street Mike?

I've been in a few 2.1s without any problems. But I allways get out and check.

I'm in Bristol tomorrow. Prefered parking spot would be Trenchard Street - had a look today and it states 2.05m. Probably too tight for comfort! Any suggestions for a good spot to park (in the evening) near the top of Park Street Mike?
Hmm! Not an easy spot up there. I have had no problem on the odd occasion parked in Park Place. Not an expert though as normally on foot or my bike.

Mike

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
I've driven my old car through that tunnel. Great route. As I said my awning takes me to 2.2m. Is it possible to alter awning position so not so proud. But if a pain being so high

Back