Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello everybody, from Italy :-)

Ignazio

Ignazio

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
My name is Ignazio, I'm 40, married with Sara and father of three little girls (5, 2 and 2 month old...).
So we are five....
We live in Italy, Milan. We love VW Van, and after a T4 California (1995) which we used in two, and then three, and after a second T4 (restyling, 1996) California, which we used in three and then four..we are now five and we just bought a new (for us..) T5 beach. Beautiful and expensive van!!!
Seemed to be the right compromise for a big family...and hope it'll take us all over Europe, as usual.
we love camping...and soon we'll try again to travel all-together in the van.
this forum is BIG, in comparison with Italian version, and has a great partecipation....
Well. When I will need info, I now have new friends and a special forum section for the T5 Beach,
Our T5 which needs a brand new pod to put inside behind the driver seat (waiting for Slidepod brand new type....;-)), a 220 electric cable outside....and it's ready to go.
Thanks, for now, in advance, for help and share.
good luck and enjoy

ignazio

ps. sorry for my english.....

IMG_3148.JPG

Ciao....
Welcome from Belgium

Welcome. Nice Van, great English. I love Italy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi Ignazio and Sara, welcome

Steve and Norma

CiAo ragazzi. Tutto posto?

Qui abbiammo tutto personne molto inteligenti per tutto domandi.

Mi scuzzi, scrivo Italiano solo poco.

Pod.

Nice van and welcome. We have two trips to Italy planned this year. We cannot wait!!! :)

Thanks everybody for you kindness! I forgot some data: t5 Beach, year 2012, 102hp (75kw), 75000km. For me, engine is good enough!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Welcome. I'll be travelling to your wonderful country for a little culture, a lot of sun and coffee, oh, and attending my youngests wedding in July. Mustn't forget that. Travelling to Florence but not camping there but afterwards on the coast.
Any advice about using a Tag for the autoroutes?

In italy we don't use any tag for the highway. Only payment by cash, cards, or telepass (www.telepass.it), an automatic pay. Tolls are expensive…but route sistem is almost excellent, in main routes. Not alwsys…to be honest…;-)

I daily use it inside my Volvo and in he Cali too. Very smart and comfy. If you can go for it. Slow down, approachin and smile. It's not so necessary…from uk. But if you can, why not?

I daily use it inside my Volvo and in he Cali too. Very smart and comfy. If you can go for it. Slow down, approachin and smile. It's not so necessary…from uk. But if you can, why not?

Thanks Ignazio. Probably will as you can hire them and to be honest fiddling with cards or cash, and possibly having to wake herself up , can be a pain and I've heard some horror stories when your card doesn't work for some reason.

Welcome. I'll be travelling to your wonderful country for a little culture, a lot of sun and coffee, oh, and attending my youngests wedding in July. Mustn't forget that. Travelling to Florence but not camping there but afterwards on the coast.
Any advice about using a Tag for the autoroutes?
Visited Florence as part of an Italy tour in February. If you didn't already know and get a chance Siena is worth a visit. We took a local bus from Florence.

Visited Florence as part of an Italy tour in February. If you didn't already know and get a chance Siena is worth a visit. We took a local bus from Florence.
Of course Siena. And the Chianti. And and and. You'll need 10 weeks maybe more!! Or at least more than one visit to Italy: wonderful place. In the meantime I'll come up to UK, once again… ;-)

Hello and welcome from Switzerland! Enjoy your new Cali and have fun exploring and driving around!

Cheers sapto

Buon giorno!

Welcome to the site, you have a great van, I am sure you will have many wonderful adventures in it. Italy is a lovely country, one of my favourites to visit although I have only been to Venice so far. One day I hope to drive our Beach to Italy.

Hi Ignazio and Sara, welcome

Welcome to you all........wishing you many happy travels. We ventured to Italy in early April (Venice, Lake Garda and Lake Como) and absolutely loved it.