Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from C & P

ChrisandPenney52

ChrisandPenney52

VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hello, from Chris and Penney.

We're in our third year of California ownership - have got as far south west as Cape Trafalgar, as far north as Durness. Hotest so far was probably Seville, coldest Norfolk in March. The wettest and windiest was Scotland last May, where we had the joy of lowering the roof at 3am when we decided the struts would be happier that way. With a combination of Mutze, windstopper awnings and silver screens we've been happy in all weather conditions so far. And even happier when we haven't needed to use any of these.

I took early retirement so in theory every day is a holiday, but travelling is still special. We mostly use ACSI card sites out of season in Europe and both C&CC and CC sites in the UK. We've not been brave enough to wild camp.

You'll know all this but for us the major plus points of the California are its completeness, Tardis like packaging, clean design, comfort, compactness and mile eating driveability, even with an old 5 pot 130 manual.

High you two.
welcome along you sound like well travelled Cali owners.i am fairly new to the Cali but loving every minute.
I was going to wait until I retired. Some would say I already am. But waiting 20 years no way.
I notice you are going to the Henley meet I look forward to meeting you guys in person
Calikev

Hi Folks, sounds like you will have many experiences to share here. We look forward to hearing about your adventures and the things you have learned about Cali living on the way.
Iain

Hello from C & P

Hi, no need to be brave to free camp, the most you will be to the locality your in is a ' curiosity ' , 99.999% of people are harmless, the thing that may wear a bit thin is the amount of people that want to stop and say hello......