Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Cambridge. First Cali, and I've already got a question...!

C

Colsyd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
A quick hello to everyone. Just picked up our first Cali this week (a 2009 T5) and looking forward to getting out and about.

I've already found these threads to be super-helpful in helping me get to know my new van (and solving a minor glitch with the control panel). But I do have another issue. Not sure what I've done, but I seem to have activated the equivalent of a child lock on the driver's door....! So at the moment, I am getting out via the side door. Any suggestions?

Welcome.
Have you tried pulling the handle twice and/ or unlocking with the key fob before pulling the handle?
Otherwise, it sounds like a broken door release.

Welcome.
Have you tried pulling the handle twice and/ or unlocking with the key fob before pulling the handle?
Otherwise, it sounds like a broken door release.
Thanks. I'll give that a try when it stops raining...

A quick hello to everyone. Just picked up our first Cali this week (a 2009 T5) and looking forward to getting out and about.

I've already found these threads to be super-helpful in helping me get to know my new van (and solving a minor glitch with the control panel). But I do have another issue. Not sure what I've done, but I seem to have activated the equivalent of a child lock on the driver's door....! So at the moment, I am getting out via the side door. Any suggestions?
As far as i am aware only the Sliding door has a Child Lock capability.

Welcome here!
Do not forget to post some pics of your new ride!
Did you try to press the button to unlock all doors?
551310ce66e620527e8ed2dfc481868b.jpg

Not my van. Found this pic at Caliboard.de. All credits to Hans_87

:welcome

does the child lock syndrome happen after driving the vehicle?
Or is it a permanent feature I.e if you simply close the door without driving the vehicle And the door will not open?

there is a setting that can be enabled that locks doors when the vehicle is driven and gets above a certain speed ( I think it’s 15kmh) when the doors lock automatically.

To open the doors, after this feature has initiate, you either pull the relevant handle twice or turn off the ignition and remove the key Or use the unlock button near the window controls (similar to picture above) which shows the padlock lock / unlock function on the door card

if the auto lock feature is switch on, you will hear an audible click when you start driving, the doors lock after reaching the required speed.

Obligatory photos of the Cali pls

edit: if the auto lock is enabled, it should lock all doors not just the front ones.