Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Denmark

Martin J

Martin J

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi all. I had a T2 Dormobile conversion in the UK at the end of the 1980s -- my first car, sigh... But I was vanless from about 1988 until a couple of months ago when I bought a T4 Cali 2.5 TDI. It's good to be back in a van. And how helpful of those nice people at VW to put about three times the BHP into the T4 but make it give nearly twice the mpg... :)

Welcome onboard, good times to be had in the future.

.me.

Welcome , good to see some T4's joining...

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Pictures, Pictures Please!!!!

Passing your way on the 11th May to cross the bridge to Sweden.:thumb

Thanks for the welcome messages, all!

Welsh Gas, I assume you meant a picture of the vehicle, not the owner, ;) so here ya go, still wearing 5-day temporary German plates in December when I imported it from near Hamburg. May is a good time to visit Denmark and Sweden, by the way, winter is nearly over up here :eek:

I've got a few electrical puzzles to sort out as the fridge and water pump don't work so far, but I've already installed a 1000 W true sine wave inverter in the wardrobe (not that I will use anywhere near 1000 W), installed a new E153 central control panel and shoehorned a Thetford PortaPotti Qube 365 into the cupboard under the gas rings. The PortaPotti 365 is the biggest one in the range and it's a perfect snug fit, it's as if the cupboard in the T4 was tailor-made for it. I copied an idea I saw on Youtube and made small wooden platforms so I could slide the toilet out of the cupboard without having to lift it over the sill at the bottom of the cupboard door opening.

170104 154953 9209 sm.jpg

Seems you know you way arround....:thumb

Seems you know you way arround....:thumb
Heh heh, I've been looking around the forums and info sites for the last few months and picked up lots of good tips, thanks to people sharing online. I intend to share too, of course.
It's been fun fixing and adding bits. When I discovered that I could unplug the CD changer from the original MFD1 and plug in an Anycar USB/SD card/Bluetooth unit that I bought from Amazon.de I wore a stupid smile for at least a week :Grin. The unit tricks the MFD1 into thinking that it is a CD changer. 'What IS this sorcery?' I said to myself. Fixing up Bluetooth in a nearly 20-year old car radio also scored me some points with two teenage sons who are usually impossible to impress.

Back