Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Dublin

BigglesTheExplorer

BigglesTheExplorer

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself as an expectant owner of a new Cali Edition ordered just last week. And Monday brought great news as the delivery week was brought forward from week 9 to week 8. Yes, this year. I'll eat my hat if it's delivered then given the current state of affairs.

Meanwhile, myself and Biggles, the 18 month old Golden Retriever are looking forward to new adventures. Any tips gladly received as to what kit I should order in advance especially considering el doggo is already dreaming of which part of the van will be deemed his!

Cheers,
Andrew

Hi All,

I just wanted to introduce myself as an expectant owner of a new Cali Edition ordered just last week. And Monday brought great news as the delivery week was brought forward from week 9 to week 8. Yes, this year. I'll eat my hat if it's delivered then given the current state of affairs.

Meanwhile, myself and Biggles, the 18 month old Golden Retriever are looking forward to new adventures. Any tips gladly received as to what kit I should order in advance especially considering el doggo is already dreaming of which part of the van will be deemed his!

Cheers,
Andrew
Congratulations! Biggles gets the captains seat and you the drivers

On things to buy, take what you have at home first and determine the things that you really need. In a Cali, less is more.

Biggles will have all of his things, which will take up some space.

A few priority items you can look at - a spare wheel lock, a washable cover for the rear seat because of Biggles.

The rest, you will figure out as you go.

Enjoy the adventures.

Welcome and plenty of exciting adventures ahead.
1) Definitely waterproof seat covers ( I understand how some on this forum would baulk at covering their beautiful seats, but hey ho for some of us it’s practicality that matters ) We got ours from the forum shop.
2) Spare wheel safelock, again forum shop
3) Electric hook up, forum shop ( we got 15 mts but options are 10 - 25. It’s a balance of space vs which sites you’ll visit )
4)We opted for rubber floor matting for rear seating area ( covers boot floor too) again from forum shop.
5) Anchor point for rail next to sliding door ( for attaching dog lead to ) again forum shop.
7) Collapsable basin ( for carrying washing up to & from site facilities) again forum shop
Lots and lots of other ‘stuff’ that you’ll discover you need after experiencing the van, some of which you’ll find indispensable and others you’ll never use !

Unbelievable delivery, but well done! Hopefully it all goes to plan.
Thank you. I wonder if we shall see another update after this weekend... When they apparently tend to happen. I shall update. No doubt it will be intriguing to many watching... I've heard there are problems sourcing new Cali's in the UK... So hopefully, paws crossed we don't get any delays.

Congratulations! Biggles gets the captains seat and you the drivers

On things to buy, take what you have at home first and determine the things that you really need. In a Cali, less is more.

Biggles will have all of his things, which will take up some space.

A few priority items you can look at - a spare wheel lock, a washable cover for the rear seat because of Biggles.

The rest, you will figure out as you go.

Enjoy the adventures.
Great tips, thanks kurienp. I didn't go for fancy floors... Because of el Doggo. And the seats... Oh yes, they will be covered. A powerful vacuum cleaner will be in tow too... The hair.... Oh the hair.... There's so much of it! Haha

Welcome and plenty of exciting adventures ahead.
1) Definitely waterproof seat covers ( I understand how some on this forum would baulk at covering their beautiful seats, but hey ho for some of us it’s practicality that matters ) We got ours from the forum shop.
2) Spare wheel safelock, again forum shop
3) Electric hook up, forum shop ( we got 15 mts but options are 10 - 25. It’s a balance of space vs which sites you’ll visit )
4)We opted for rubber floor matting for rear seating area ( covers boot floor too) again from forum shop.
5) Anchor point for rail next to sliding door ( for attaching dog lead to ) again forum shop.
7) Collapsable basin ( for carrying washing up to & from site facilities) again forum shop
Lots and lots of other ‘stuff’ that you’ll discover you need after experiencing the van, some of which you’ll find indispensable and others you’ll never use !
Thank you for those excellent tips BeeBee. I'm not precious about protecting the seats and other areas from Biggles..whatever it takes!