Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Eindhoven, the Netherlands. T4->T5.1

I've joined to share stories and learn from everyone's upgrades. :) Here's a picture of the "old" T4 in Sienna.BA08D8CF-5659-4EAC-98BF-736D5399765E_1_105_c.jpeg

I've joined to share stories and learn from everyone's upgrades. :) Here's a picture of the "old" T4 in Sienna.View attachment 105469
Nice one; had a t4 and been to Sienna :D
We upgraded from a slightly older one (April 1991) to a new T6.1. Although I still kinda miss the T4, I wouldn’t want it back: 78 to 150 Hp, manual to dsg and no aircon to.. an aircon + good finds that the California from vw has: outdoor table in the sliding door, indoor table on a rail, chairs in the boot lid, finally hearing music and being able to talk to each other without having to shout. I was afraid to miss the charm of the t4, but the concept was kept and the charm is just as great. Although we had some issues in the beginning, which almost led to me preferring to lose it, everything was resolved and now I enjoy commuting and of course traveling every time.
Welcome and you will find everything here, what can't be found yet, just need to be placed ;)

H
EE17BD8C-BDC1-49E4-B57D-AD3DA79DCB3E_1_105_c.jpeg
Here a sneak peak of the new one on the test ride. Can't wait to take it home and put some miles on her. Plans for this year: Croatia in spring break, Austria/Dolemites in the summer and Tuscany in the fall. And of course numerous small weekend escapes close by.

Why chose we upgrade to T5.1:
- less noise in cabin and more driving comfort when on highway speed
- more effective space with the sliding doors in the camper part
- Euro 3-> Euro 5
- more new driving tech (climatronic etc)
- higher pop-top with better bed and electric top
- making the bed downstairs is easier

We'll miss our T4 for sure, the rock-solid simplicity is hard to top. It does have some repairs coming as well: brakes all round, some rust, minor oil leak. Nothing major though.

Welkom en van harte! Paar jaar geleden ook de overstap van T4 naar T5.1 gemaakt. Een wereld van verschil, maar op de charme na eigenlijk alleen maar vooruitgang. Wat zal het genieten zijn voor jullie de komende tijd!

Welkom en geniet van de upgrade. Zelf hielden we het sober: van een T4 '92 naar een T4 '02 :D:D