Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Essex

W

Willie Stroker

Hello, we are Bill and Mary from Southend on Sea and we have just had our brand new Beach delivered on Friday

Having hired a proper Cali back in June we loved it but we have found the Beach is like driving round in a transit van, we did not test drive the Beach as we assumed it would be refined like the full Cali but this is not the case. We needed the extra seats and did not fancy the 5th seat for the full Cali so the Beach was perfect but we hate the driving experience :(

Do we take it back and try and get a replacement or is there a way to make the Beach more refined?

:help

Hi Willie welcome along :thumb
I am sorry to hear that you are finding the ride in your new beach disappointing
I have never driven a beach but love the way my Cali handles especially after I had it lowered
What size engine has it got :?:

Willie Stroker said:
Hello, we are Bill and Mary from Southend on Sea and we have just had our brand new Beach delivered on Friday

Having hired a proper Cali back in June we loved it but we have found the Beach is like driving round in a transit van, we did not test drive the Beach as we assumed it would be refined like the full Cali but this is not the case. We needed the extra seats and did not fancy the 5th seat for the full Cali so the Beach was perfect but we hate the driving experience :(

Do we take it back and try and get a replacement or is there a way to make the Beach more refined?

:help

Hello

Up until June I lived in Southend (had done most of my life). The Beach ride for a vehicle that is a van is good, I am surprised you find that it's not to your liking.

The Beach isn't as refined as the full Cali, you've got different door cards, less units, but I've travelled a lot in mine, and I use it everyday, really, i don't see any issue. I am a touch surprised you didn't test drive one before you bought it.

Mine was the yellow Beach if you ever saw one in Southend or Westcliff

Great user name by the way, I am glad to the people of Southend have kept their sense of humour

James

Hi willie,
Can't remember if I have already spoke to you on here or maybe some one else From Southend but welcome anyhow... :D
I will be on my lookout for a Cali or two next time I'm in your area.
Not far from you,stationed in RomfoRd

Alan said:
Hi willie,
Can't remember if I have already spoke to you on here or maybe some one else From Southend but welcome anyhow... :D
I will be on my lookout for a Cali or two next time I'm in your area.
Not far from you,stationed in RomfoRd

Hi Alan, it was me you spoken to, from Eastwood leigh on sea.
Welcome onboard Willie. Sorry i haven't got any opinion on beach but you welcome to pop over and compare my california to your beach. only down the road from you. good luck.
Terry

Hi willie
Welcome to the forum and great to see another local Cali in the area. I'm in Leigh on Sea by the way
Regards Simon