Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Hillsiders

Hillsiders

Hillsiders

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Collecting our Ocean on Tuesday after 20 years without a camper van. Tent fell apart in the summer and it was a choice between a new tent or..... Getting a little bit excited.!
No pets or children ( but nine grandchildren)so a little concerned about getting seat covers stained food, drink etc so are thinking of Brandrup second skins. Anyone any experience of them. Only other thing we’ll get now is a spare wheel lock. I’m sure as we start to feel the love our purchases will increase. Has anyone added a lap belt to the bench seat to get three seats for the grandchildren.

Hi and welcome to he forum. No experience of second skins or fitting lap belts but I'm sure you will get loads of good advice!

Welcome allong , the Brandrup seat covers are very good if not the best , perfect fit and exact VW fabric .
A seatbelt must have 3point fixing .
It's gonne be great fun in your new tent-on-wheels....;)

Collecting our Ocean on Tuesday after 20 years without a camper van. Tent fell apart in the summer and it was a choice between a new tent or..... Getting a little bit excited.!
No pets or children ( but nine grandchildren)so a little concerned about getting seat covers stained food, drink etc so are thinking of Brandrup second skins. Anyone any experience of them. Only other thing we’ll get now is a spare wheel lock. I’m sure as we start to feel the love our purchases will increase. Has anyone added a lap belt to the bench seat to get three seats for the grandchildren.
We have the Brandrup second skins and very happy with them, look great and are easily cleaned.
We use a fifth seat when carrying the grandchildren, all still use their car seats and the bench is not quite wide enough to fit three across so have never fitted a lap belt, not sure it would be safe enough even if possible.

Hi. 2nd skins are fab, but if you really think they will get dirty often, then removing / refitting them for washing is quite a job. The others to research are the Jack yards. I have a muddy dog who sits where she wants so have the wipe down Inka's.

You can also use a throw on the back seat... I've also used a picnic blanket there - if you think you can keep the Grandkids in the back - but they will insist on playing in the roof!

I use inka covers which are very waterproof but maybe a little warm in the summer. They are very affordable and good as a less attractive but very protective solution. You can put them on when the grandkids are visiting without fear of chocolate ;)

The brandrup/second skin covers/shop covers are very nicely fitting and look like factory if you want something a little more attractive fitted.

Last edited: