Hello from (hopefully) a soon to be owner of a Beach

Campingrookie

Campingrookie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi there,

Hope everyone’s week has started well.

My acceptance email confirming I had now joined the forum encouraged me to introduce myself, so here I am!

I’m a married Father of two young children (4 and 2) and maybe more in the future, who knows! We live in London and increasingly look to escape at the weekends to get everyone outside and active.

I was brought up with campers so the idea came to me pretty quickly that a camper could really improve our quality of lives but it’s taken a while to get my wife on board, but I now have!

We’re looking for a (second hand) VW Cali Beach with the three seat bench as it future proofs it for us. I like the slide pod set up so I’ll probably go for one of them and then in relation to the rest of the spec, I’m currently working out the essentials but (rightly or wrongly, I suspect wrongly) I’m also a bit of a boy racer so I’m looking for something that has the sport pack bumper, nice alloys etc. I’m sure many of you would say this should be very low down the list!

I do have a question on a Beach that I’ve seen listed but I’ll post in the Beach section.

Anyway, great to be here and I’ll keep you posted on my journey.

:welcomeCampingrookie, quick pull up the gang plank whilst the other half is onboard and set sail for your new adventures :bananadance2

Hi there,

My acceptance email confirming I had now joined the forum encouraged me to introduce myself, so here I am!

I’m a married Father of two young children (4 and 2) and maybe more in the future, who knows! We live in London and increasingly look to escape at the weekends to get everyone outside and active.

I was brought up with campers so the idea came to me pretty quickly that a camper could really improve our quality of lives but it’s taken a while to get my wife on board, but I now have!

We’re looking for a (second hand) VW Cali Beach with the three seat bench as it future proofs it for us. I like the slide pod set up so I’ll probably go for one of them and then in relation to the rest of the spec, I’m currently working out the essentials but (rightly or wrongly, I suspect wrongly) I’m also a bit of a boy racer so I’m looking for something that has the sport pack bumper, nice alloys etc. I’m sure many of you would say this should be very low down the list!

I do have a question on a Beach that I’ve seen listed but I’ll post in the Beach section.

Where in London are you? We are in SE12. If you are local, pop around for a chat - our boys are 4 & 5. At ages 2 and 3 we all set off for a 40,000 Km tour of Europe in our Beach. We celebrated Ben's 4th birthday in Sicily, and Jack's 3rd birthday in Transylvania.

Hi there,

:welcome:welcome

Very exciting. Best purchase i have ever made getting a beach, i too have two kiddies and they absolutely love it.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully seeing a beach tomorrow!

We’ve done it! We’ve bought a brand new VW California Beach. I paid the deposit on Friday and it’s being delivered on Thursday.

I got a great deal from autoebid which I only found out about from this site, so thank you all!

So excited!

Congrats, let the adventures begin.
Post a piccy when the new addition has landed
Glad to hear the Forum has helped with Autoebid
Don’t forget to update your Profile
Welcome to the Beach club :cheers :bananadance2:pinkbanana:bananadance2

So after taking delivery of my candy white Beach from VW Liverpool with a deal from AutoeBid, both of which were great to deal with, I’ve made a few changes:

- installed front and rear parking sensors
- wrapped the lower half, tinted the windows and blacked out the B-pillars
- changed the alloys
- ordered a slide pod

It was great before but now it’s much more me and I love it, can’t wait for the first family adventure!

EEED5E63-473A-4495-8B60-A53FFE49ACD1.jpeg

BECCD30C-2032-41C2-940D-AB30E550DD4D.jpeg

0E546645-7D8D-47BA-AFD0-D206380507B5.jpeg

Nice mods, liking your style.

I’m sure some one will mention it ; inform your insurance co. about the wrap and the wheels, Don’t give them any wiggle room to get out of a claim. And update the V5 colour :thumb :thumb :thumb
Nice before and after piccies

Enjoy that lovely CaliO

My team colours, amazing, love the styling as well! Good call! Happy modding, it slowly becomes an addiction. Get your self down and booked on a VW festival, Camperjam is a goodun, loads and loads and LOADS of things to buy you lovely Cali.

Have many many happy adventures with your family!!

So after taking delivery of my candy white Beach from VW Liverpool with a deal from AutoeBid, both of which were great to deal with, I’ve made a few changes:

- changed the alloys
- ordered a slide pod

It was great before but now it’s much more me and I love it, can’t wait for the first family adventure!

View attachment 51735

View attachment 51736

View attachment 51737
Great colour wrap

may I ask where you had it done and how much it cost?

Great colour wrap

may I ask where you had it done and how much it cost?

Thanks, it genuinely looks better in person, it’s got a depth to it which photos don’t do justice. It looks like it’s paint and the finish is really good.

The company is called monster wraps in Hedge End. They did an excellent job. The cost (for just the wrap on the lower half) was £1,250 plus VAT. Are you thinking about having one done?

- changed the alloys
- ordered a slide pod

View attachment 51735

View attachment 51736

View attachment 51737
Looks brilliant, love the wheels, what are they?

Thanks, it genuinely looks better in person, it’s got a depth to it which photos don’t do justice. It looks like it’s paint and the finish is really good.

The company is called monster wraps in Hedge End. They did an excellent job. The cost (for just the wrap on the lower half) was £1,250 plus VAT. Are you thinking about having one done?
Yes, but really struggling to decide the colour for the bottom half

Had my first night away in the Beach on Thursday ahead of getting my slide pod fitted (stayed in the Dartmoor Halfway Inn, awesome place).

Now a proud owner of a multipod, awesome bit of kit and the slidepod crew are really nice and a pleasure to deal with! Can’t wait to properly try it out.

Given how cold I was on Thursday night I think I’ll be getting them to fit a Webasto heater in the new year!

DC69F285-0DC5-40D0-83C2-55CF770CDA50.jpeg3DF63DCB-A633-430A-B85E-7C7B4F761BFB.jpeg

Back