Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Kent

mogfor

mogfor

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi, after fifteen years of procrastination I’ve finally taken the plunge and ordered a new Ocean. Hopefully taking delivery before the end of the year
Just need to find a good time to tell the wife

:welcome Tell her it’s her Christmas present...

Hi, after fifteen years of procrastination I’ve finally taken the plunge and ordered a new Ocean. Hopefully taking delivery before the end of the year

Was it from Tonbridge?

I went in Saturday and had a good look at one....they told me I might have it for Xmas if ordered soon, which in reality I think is exceptionally unlikely going by what others have been told after buying from other dealers. I did wonder if they are saying that to get more people ordering with the 10% no-deal brexit tax looming in January.

So what did you order, and why? Have you already started looking at accessories or planning any trips next year?
The (long) wait is an exciting and anxious time.
Sorry for my flippant comment earlier. I am sure you and your wife will love it when it /he /she arrives.

Was it from Tonbridge?

I went in Saturday and had a good look at one....they told me I might have it for Xmas if ordered soon, which in reality I think is exceptionally unlikely going by what others have been told after buying from other dealers. I did wonder if they are saying that to get more people ordering with the 10% no-deal brexit tax looming in January.
Yeah, they were very straight though - basically a 50/50 chance I’d get it before the end of the year if I ordered now but no promises. The clincher for me was they said if there’s a no deal brexit and a 10% levy on car imports from 1st Jan I could cancel the order and get full refund of my deposit so seemed like a no brainer.

Have you told her yet or are you still feeding the convincing lines?!?!

Have you told her yet or are you still feeding the convincing lines?!?!
She was surprisingly on board with it - just a bit concerned about how she goes to th Elon in the middle of the night.....:headbang

She was surprisingly on board with it - just a bit concerned about how she goes to th Elon in the middle of the night.....:headbang
Phew thats easily solved by the forum suggestions of a Porta Potti !!

So what did you order, and why? Have you already started looking at accessories or planning any trips next year?
The (long) wait is an exciting and anxious time.
Sorry for my flippant comment earlier. I am sure you and your wife will love it when it /he /she arrives.
No worries, no offence taken! A van’s something I’ve promised myself for a long time so gone pretty high spec - 199 4Motion With “most” of the options. We normally stay in pretty nice hotels on holiday so figured I needed to go pretty high spec to tempt the wife :) Also wanted something that drives similar to our other cars.
Trip wise, we’ve got a place in the South of France so hoping to use it for trips up to the Alps and over to the Pyrenees in the Summer. Also always wanted to do the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland so hoping to make part of that my first big trip in the Spring.
Don’t want to go overboard on accessories but will probably post on here nearer the time to work out the essentials.
Cant wait!

Phew thats easily solved by the forum suggestions of a Porta Potti !!
I should have taken a photo of her face when I suggested that and posted it on here...

No worries, no offence taken! A van’s something I’ve promised myself for a long time so gone pretty high spec - 199 4Motion With “most” of the options. We normally stay in pretty nice hotels on holiday so figured I needed to go pretty high spec to tempt the wife :) Also wanted something that drives similar to our other cars.
Trip wise, we’ve got a place in the South of France so hoping to use it for trips up to the Alps and over to the Pyrenees in the Summer. Also always wanted to do the Wild Atlantic Way in Ireland so hoping to make part of that my first big trip in the Spring.
Don’t want to go overboard on accessories but will probably post on here nearer the time to work out the essentials.
Cant wait!
Sounds very similar to my choices... and destinations...