Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Lancashire

P

Paul & Rachel

Hi Everyone. We ordered a California Ocean late October, we looked at both options, i.e. Factory built & conversions, almost ordered a conversion but finally ordered from VW van centre at Trafford park, Manchester. They were extremely helpful and offered us good advise. Since then I've been reading the forum and found it helpful. We are told our Cali should arrive late February/early March.

Paul & Rachel

Welcome allong !

:welcome ... We got ours from Manchester ...
Who sold it to you ? Shaun sold us our ocean last year

:Iamsorry Should have spelt it Sean :thumb

Hi Dave, We sorted the spec out with Dave Airey and the Sales manager(forgot his name).

Hi Paul & Rachel, All the team there seem to be very helpful ... The receptionist was very nice too. , Happy adventures when you're Call arrives.

Southport would be a good venue. There are two large car parks parallel with the beach that are rarely used :thumb
Alternatively, there is morecambe, Blackpool, Fleetwood, formby.... :happy

:thumb Welcome to the club. Will be good time to pick up.

Hi Everyone. We ordered a California Ocean late October, we looked at both options, i.e. Factory built & conversions, almost ordered a conversion but finally ordered from VW van centre at Trafford park, Manchester. They were extremely helpful and offered us good advise. Since then I've been reading the forum and found it helpful. We are told our Cali should arrive late February/early March.

Paul & Rachel
Welcome from yet another Lancashire born and bred.

VW Manchester have informed us our Cali should be arriving within 10 days! I guess then they probably need 5 days to PDI? Exciting times....

Hello.

Just in time for Spring.

Welcome - Have fun!

Welcome paul & Rachel

Me too!!
Our cali ocean has arrived in the UK and should be in the Liverpool next week.
Like yourself a few days to sort out paperwork then the grand pick up.

Don't know about you- I'm excited but also a bit nervous too.
The cali will be my main car so hope it works out okay. I'm driving a discovery sport at the moment so size wise it's not a huge difference.

Wishing you lots of fun with your new cali.

Lancashire lass too!!

The cali will be my main car
You'll love it. Mine's from Liverpool and is my only vehicle. I took many years to believe a Cali could do it all (hence my user name) but it can.

You'll love it. Mine's from Liverpool and is my only vehicle. I took many years to believe a Cali could do it all (hence my user name) but it can.
Thanks- that does lessen the nerves!

:welcome I agree that deciding to use the California as the main vehicle, or in my case the only vehicle, does focus the mind more when visiting busy car parks with narrow bays, hence much more perimeter parking and walking further.!
I do note that it is not as easy to use the California for very short journeys, as the DPF exhaust filter, passive regeneration occurs often, especially if not going on decent length journeys, so hence I have chosen to walk to the local shop more which cannot be a bad thing. :)

I do agree that the driving experience, especially with the DSG transmission is always enjoyable and choosing to run one vehicle is a good decision, shoe replacement is cheap compared with a plugged DPF requiring forced regeneration.....!! ,worth keeping in mind, as if the engine low idle speed is 1000 rpm after a run, instead of the normal low idle speed, then the engine is in high temperature burn off mode (passive regeneration) and it is best to let the cycle complete by not switching off the engine, until you see the rpm drop back to low idle, this all helps when not doing regular long journeys at higher cruising speed rpm.
Enjoy time with your new California.:cheers

Back