Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Norwich

Disco

Disco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Hello everyone. We bought a 2020 T6 California Ocean yesterday, which is incredibly exciting :D It should be delivered in a few weeks.

We are a family of 4, the children are 7 and 3, and whilst we've been long time tent campers we're first time Camper owners!

How many nights will it be before I can't resist a night of lockdown camping on the drive?

Welcome @Disco enjoy the adventures.

To answer your question - 0 , yes Zero camp out on your drive the first night. Get the heater going, popup the roof. Use the bedding from home ... And viola, there you have driveway camping sorted. The kids will be over the moon!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A new world! I agree it will be zero nights before you you camp out on the driveway. And, in the words of The Borg "Resistance is futile".
Welcome and enjoy!

You are about to give yourchildren experiences that will live with them forever. We had our first VW Camper back in the early 80's, travelling around the UK with our then two young kids. Now they take their children off to Europe for the whole summer holidays in their T4 California Freestyle. I have no doubt they will intern do the same with our then great-grandchildren sometime in the future.
VW Campers get in your blood. Enjoy.

Hello, I’m in Ipswich so we might bump into each other on the coast or the Norfolk broads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are about to give yourchildren experiences that will live with them forever. We had our first VW Camper back in the early 80's, travelling around the UK with our then two young kids. Now they take their children off to Europe for the whole summer holidays in their T4 California Freestyle. I have no doubt they will intern do the same with our then great-grandchildren sometime in the future.
VW Campers get in your blood. Enjoy.
Funnily enough, this was a huge part of our decision to buy as my wife had the exact same experience, being taken away for the whole summer holiday into France with her two sisters and the family's classic vw splitty :)

Hi we are also in Norwich.
On our 2nd Cali and already looking to the future for our 3rd.
You and your children will enjoy Cali life ,my only regret was not buying one earlier when our two were younger like yours.We also moved from tents straight to a Cali and have never looked back.
Hopefully see around our fine City.
Welcome Lisa and Dave

Hi we are also in Norwich.
On our 2nd Cali and already looking to the future for our 3rd.
You and your children will enjoy Cali life ,my only regret was not buying one earlier when our two were younger like yours.We also moved from tents straight to a Cali and have never looked back.
Hopefully see around our fine City.
Welcome Lisa and Dave
Hurrah and thank you. Any tips on local locations for day trips? Once we’re out of the whole ‘Stay Local‘ thing obviously

:welcome And I hope the camping on the driveway goes well!

It's here! Our van was delivered yesterday and I can safely say it is the coolest thing I have ever bought, and this is just with it sat on my drive! The children couldn't have been more excited and absolutely loved trying all the seats and beds out. I didn't have time to prep for a first night driveway camp out but plans are afoot for one night this week :)

:welcome Disco and Fam,

obligatory photos?

Enjoy the First Camp out.

Ha ha! Once you start using it as your home office, that feeling will just increase ....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
As soon as we‘re allowed to travel I’m definitely giving ‘working from van‘ a go as I‘m already 100% remote working