Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Switzerland

pluc99

pluc99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Greetings from a Canadian living in the Bernese Seeland district in Switzerland.

I have fond memories of a 1975 T2 camper conversion that I used to have back in Toronto and camping in our provincial parks. I also have lots of memories of running to the back of the bus at traffic lights to adjust the choke. Now I’m looking forward to a new Ascot Grey 150HP 4M DSG Ocean.

After a lot of agonising over details, mostly over the 150 or 199 HP motors, I finally placed the order on December 17. I still haven’t had any feedback from VW and I find myself combing forums for any and all hints about how long it could take judging from when others are getting theirs. I think it’s unlikely to be before September or even October, but in the meantime I’m entertaining myself by studying potential add-ons. Gas water heaters are capturing my interest at the moment.

Cheers,
Peter

:welcome Hope September comes around quickly for you...

Welcome Peter

Where did you order it?
Friend of mine is at Weibel Garage Aarberg and pretty knows something about California.

Keep my fingerscrossed for a update about your van.

Hi Peter, greetings from Geneva with a 2016 Ocean 204 4motion.
Happy to help with any questions if I can.
All the best, Mike

Thanks guys for the kind words.
@sapto: I ordered it from the same dealer in Aarberg so it's likely it was your friend that I dealt with.
@Mike: I'll probably have a ton of questions once I get my hands on it. Thanks for the offer!

Greetings from a Canadian living in the Bernese Seeland district in Switzerland.

I have fond memories of a 1975 T2 camper conversion that I used to have back in Toronto and camping in our provincial parks. I also have lots of memories of running to the back of the bus at traffic lights to adjust the choke. Now I’m looking forward to a new Ascot Grey 150HP 4M DSG Ocean.

After a lot of agonising over details, mostly over the 150 or 199 HP motors, I finally placed the order on December 17. I still haven’t had any feedback from VW and I find myself combing forums for any and all hints about how long it could take judging from when others are getting theirs. I think it’s unlikely to be before September or even October, but in the meantime I’m entertaining myself by studying potential add-ons. Gas water heaters are capturing my interest at the moment.

Cheers,
Peter
Welcome here Peter. Great choice of colour, and I’d have had trouble not ordering the 150 4M if available in the UK

Thanks guys for the kind words.
@sapto: I ordered it from the same dealer in Aarberg so it's likely it was your friend that I dealt with.
@Mike: I'll probably have a ton of questions once I get my hands on it. Thanks for the offer!
Say "Hello" to Jürg Will, maybe it was him you spoke to. However ask away if you have questions and we might get a meeting in Switzerland somewhen soon :cool: