Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from the Yorkshire Dales

L

lonsdale13

hello everyone we are proud owners of a Cali which we collected last week.

It is a Summer Blue 4motion and from what I have heard it is very unique :) Has anyone else got a summer blue as the dealer said he had never seen one before?

Its a 2009 with very very low mileage and had loads of goodies installed

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you soon

Albert & Teresa

Hi welcome I would really like to see a picture of your summer blue cali :thumb

Welcome on board... Only met one Summer Blue, a couple of years ago in the Dales... Suspect it may be the same :)

Very distinctive... It's a stunning colour.

Enjoy

Have you bought Jimmy Saville's old Cali?

If your looking for a name maybe you'll want to call it 'Yewtree'

Is the reg WF58DPP or something similar?

I do understand there is one other summer blue Cali(VWanorak) on the forum and they said the only other one was Sir jimmy's or as the media now refer to him as, 'Saville'.

Joking aside that's a beautiful colour, wish VW still did some of those colours now.

James

I have just looked at that photo and now feel quite ill, the previous owner is a law firm in London which did seem a bit strange. It is on a private plate but it would be a 58 reg

Don't worry about it mate just go out and enjoy it :thumb

i am going to call the dealer tomorrow as i would like to know either way, I may call dvla aswell . it does not look good so far. I am not sure I could bring myself to lie on the bed to be quite honest :(

Like I say if and I mean if he owned it The stuff he did was in the 70's so very unlikely
That anything untoward has taken place in the Cali he owned.

Just enjoy your van. Life`s too short to worry about things like that. Who cares who owned it.

Tumbleweed said:
Just enjoy your van. Life`s too short to worry about things like that. Who cares who owned it.

Agreed - anyone who buys any vehicle that isn't new doesn't know what has happened previously or what type of person owned their vehicle.

You have a stunning looking van with plenty of kit.

Go enjoy and post some pics :)

James

Concur with the above - life to short, enjoy your new pride and joy!

Think of it this way: that Cali deserves a better owner. Go build some happy memories with it!

Think of it as a foster child, one that might have had a rough early start, but is in need of tender care and trusting parents... One that deserves a new start and good parenting to allow it to shine and move on to blossom into this world of campervanning. Camper vans have feelings and need to be loved too.

I agree with the post from DoubleWah - it's now got a much better owner. Don't worry about it - just ENJOY it.

Where are you, by the way? I'm new on here, from Grassington, Upper Wharfedale.