Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello - New Beach Owner (nearly)

rjb24

rjb24

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all,

After a what feels like a lengthy journey which started out looking for a panel van to convert has ended in us buying a shiny Red 2018 Beach.

Just deciding on the extras to add that VW Van centres offer you to the value of £1000+vat.

Welcome any suggestions. If I had my way it would be lowered with side bars and rear spoiler but it's not really my car and we've got a bike rack going on....

Look forward to see you all on the road!

Rich

3ed276b1968c43c4a987b1337e967629.jpg

Hi rjb24,
Looks a treat, :thumb Im sure you will enjoy every trip, .......mud flaps help it stay clean longer, if it is the light grey trim, then seat covers are a must, enjoy ,:cheers

Nice bus dude, Lowered -30mm stops wallowing and can decrease car sickness, tow bar then you can have a rear spoiler :thumb bonnet bra would look good against the red paint. 18" wheels, front Maxton splitter. Side bars, rear bumper protector mud flaps.
That more than 1K I'm afraid.

Have fun.

Seadancer - I'm pleased you've said mud flaps, been deliberating over those and the seat covers... Don't like the shiny/slipperyness of the VW ones much though.

Sandyvan, interesting you mention wallowing.... we hired an Ocean and it felt quite bad, I've not driven this yet but drove another and it felt ok but wasn't loaded up. Also my daughter sometimes gets car sick.

It has a tow bar but we ideally need the 4 bike carrying so the 3 bike tower is not suited. I did want the rear spoiler though :-(

Seadancer - I'm pleased you've said mud flaps, been deliberating over those and the seat covers... Don't like the shiny/slipperyness of the VW ones much though.

Sandyvan, interesting you mention wallowing.... we hired an Ocean and it felt quite bad, I've not driven this yet but drove another and it felt ok but wasn't loaded up. Also my daughter sometimes gets car sick.

It has a tow bar but we ideally need the 4 bike carrying so the 3 bike tower is not suited. I did want the rear spoiler though :-(
Shiny and slippery equals easy to clean. Had three Calis now all lowered by -30mm bob on, they look better and corner better and don't wallow.

We had a tow bar mounted rack which takes three bikes, but could be wrong but I'm sue they are available for four, loads on bike racks on here do a search.

Did you keep the same shocks and just changed the springs? VW springs or aftermarket?

Did you keep the same shocks and just changed the springs? VW springs or aftermarket?
Lowered at the dealers on VW springs, no issues on last three vans (Oceans) so a tad heaver than yours I would think. Plus loaded up including tow bar rack C/W two bikes swinging out the back to mainland Europe usually 2.5K miles in three weeks. £450 ish at the dealers.

Lowered at the dealers on VW springs, no issues on last three vans (Oceans) so a tad heaver than yours I would think. Plus loaded up including tow bar rack C/W two bikes swinging out the back to mainland Europe usually 2.5K miles in three weeks. £450 ish at the dealers.
Keeps your warranty as well if VW do it.

VW do shorter springs that give you a 30mm drop, same shocks. You might also consider the uprated VW anti roll bar. This will help cut body roll when cornering. Various members have gone down this route and there are various threads on this topic. Most seem to be happy with the slightly lowered ride and roll resistance, without unduly compromising comfort.

Agree with earlier posting regarding seat covers. With kids and a dog the faux leather seat covers sold through the Owners Club shop are indispensable in my view.

Might be able to do seat covers and lowering springs within budget.

Plenty of wheel and tyre combos on eBay. Make sure you get load rated wheels and tyres though. You should also be able to sell on your original wheels and tyres to get some of your money back. I got 4 18” genuine VW Sportline wheels and tyres for around £550. You’ve just got to trawl the web for clearance bargains.

Good luck and welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went down the route of springs, mud flaps, black seat covers and black side bars.
Thanks all for your input!

Back