Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

hello & questions about buying, registering and storing a california

W

witheflo

Vehicle
Looking to buy
hi,

i'm a yankee currently living in rotterdam. while here i want to purchase a california camper to tour europe in. i would also like to store it here after we return to the us so we can use it when we come to europe. i've owned a '95 eurvan camper in the us as well as a '87 syncro westfalia. i love that van but it was rusted out. i want to buy a california with 4 motion. my budget is €25,000. i've found some especially in germany. i should be able to register it here in hollland. my issues will be after we are not living here dealing with registration, storage and insurance. any advice on years, models, registration, insurance, and storage would be much appreciated!

thanks,

dan

Hi and welcome , if you are staying in the Netherlands i can only reccomend Camper Centrum Nederland (CCN) at Amersfoort.
I know that a guy from the states had a VW Colorado stored somewhere near the airport in a storage while he went up and down and CCN did maintenance his verhicle.
CCN also sell 2nd hand Cali's
http://www.volkswagencampers.nl/#

Last edited:
thank you i will look into them. was the guy you mentioned a member of this forum?

thank you i will look into them. was the guy you mentioned a member of this forum?

No was someone i got to meet when i was at CCN some time ago.
Was just pointing out how he did leave his (Duth registerd )camper behind when he went back to the states.

hi,

i'm a yankee currently living in rotterdam. while here i want to purchase a california camper to tour europe in. i would also like to store it here after we return to the us so we can use it when we come to europe. i've owned a '95 eurvan camper in the us as well as a '87 syncro westfalia. i love that van but it was rusted out. i want to buy a california with 4 motion. my budget is €25,000. i've found some especially in germany. i should be able to register it here in hollland. my issues will be after we are not living here dealing with registration, storage and insurance. any advice on years, models, registration, insurance, and storage would be much appreciated!

thanks,

dan

Back