Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello there fellow t4 owners

Welcome and great looking van. I guess it is in superb shape? Have fun!

Great colour and awesome spec those Exclusive's have. Your's looks very clean, what sort of mileage is it? Man / Auto, dealer private seller etc. ?

Is the shower connection for inside the bathroom area ?

Great colour and awesome spec those Exclusive's have. Your's looks very clean, what sort of mileage is it? Man / Auto, dealer private seller etc. ?

Is the shower connection for inside the bathroom area ?

yes its for the bathroom but plenty of length to use outside too, 90k private seller

Do you mind me asking what it cost?

I was looking at importing one (we camp all year round hence why we bought the high top ) paid 18k but got 4 steel wheels with BFgoodrich winter tyres , 1500 air beam awning the list goes on. Did i pay too much ?

I was looking at importing one (we camp all year round hence why we bought the high top ) paid 18k but got 4 steel wheels with BFgoodrich winter tyres , 1500 air beam awning the list goes on. Did i pay too much ?
Think they're only going one way pricewise. Enjoy

Nice looking van, love the colour

That's a great van. Not seen them in that colour, but it carries it very well. I've had mine 4 years now. I've tried t4 and t5 Cali pop tops during that period, but stuck with my Exclusive.
I think you did very well on price. I think the manual gearbox and well coloured examples are a league apart from the White autos.

That's a great van. Not seen them in that colour, but it carries it very well. I've had mine 4 years now. I've tried t4 and t5 Cali pop tops during that period, but stuck with my Exclusive.
I think you did very well on price. I think the manual gearbox and well coloured examples are a league apart from the White autos.

I totally agree, do you have a roof bed ladder

I totally agree, do you have a roof bed ladder
No. I just step on the cut-out, then the side of the cooker and up I go. Use the bed handles to steady myself.
Then you just have to execute the turn to get your head at the 'open' end (not easy at 6' 4"!).

I can't see a ladder would make it any easier for me (and my large stride), and would clutter up the kitchen area.

No. I just step on the cut-out, then the side of the cooker and up I go. Use the bed handles to steady myself.
Then you just have to execute the turn to get your head at the 'open' end (not easy at 6' 4"!).

I can't see a ladder would make it any easier for me (and my large stride), and would clutter up the kitchen area.

I bought this not if its oem or not has any one seen before

http://www.vwbusshop.de/epages/Guen...hops/GuenzlClassicParts/Products/900001539068

gsobild_3146_m.jpg

I think the manual gearbox and well coloured examples are a league apart from the White autos.
What's up with the autos?

What's up with the autos?

My impression, not based on too much first hand knowledge I accept, is that they are very old tech on the t4s. Only 4 speed?

I think the Tiptronic in the T5 was a massive leap forward, and even that now looks outdated with the DSG.

Also reduced power at the wheels, increased fuel consumption, more expensive to fix.....

Happy to be contradicted if my assumptions are poor.

I bought this not if its oem or not has any one seen before
]
I've seen enough images to imply that is the 'official' ladder.
I sometimes put a piece of split foam pipe insulation over the bottom edge of the cut out rectangle, to provide a comfier step.

Welcome :thumb
Looks great! Hope you have many, many happy trips... more pics?

They are awesome machines. Have you got any photos or details where you got the bits for the shower. I was thinking of making up a home made version of the "Road-Shower" out of some drain pipe and a hose but I like the sound of yours. Where does it hook up to?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you buy it from Bideford? if so you got a good price on what they were asking.