Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello!

Ockie

Ockie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Me and my wife are looking to buy a Cali to use as an everyday car / camping trips and the internet lead me to this place! Seams like a friendly and very informative forum and I’m happy to be a member! I have a lot of questions (beach vs ocean, petrol vs diesel, t5 vs t6, euro5 vs euro6…) but before I start asking I will look around and see if the questions already has asked before, which they probably have ;) We have 2 small kids and the plan is to travel around Sweden and Norway with our vw California. In Sweden its almost impossible to find a Cali on the used-car market so we will probably have to import from Germany, which is a bit of a hassle but should be fine..

Anyways, cheers and have a good one!

Welcome , many Q's are allready anwserd on here ....if not ...shoot away !

Hi,
We have an SE, used as a daily driver and escape pod to another world most weekend. Good luck in your search

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Ask all the questions you want, if you can’t find the answers someone will know.

How long is your daily commute. If short think about petrol, if long 50 miles or so one way then definitely diesel. If you plan longer trips most weekends then despite a short commute diesel might be the better choice.

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome! :)
Both me and my wife rides our bikes to work so we will not use it for commuting, and since we have a summer-house 300km (186 miles) up north I guess the diesel one is the better choise. The only thing im concerned about is the climate zones and the restrictions of euro5 diesel in the "near" future. We can afford a Euro6 but it will really stretch our economy.. Haha so many desitions

With the T6.1 version about to come to the market the T6, Euro6 should be coming onto the German used market at a more attractive purchase price. Euro6 would be a more practical solution in the long term regarding emissions.
Beach or Ocean is really a case of onboard kitchen and water tank versus luggage and seating. Kids grow up very fast and need adult space.

:welcome On board whatever you need to find out just ask away there will always be someone on here to answer any questions and they're not a bad bunch either.

:welcomeOckie and family, looks like your onto the main issues to reasearch, you’ll find this forum a great resource with friendly people, all who have been through the process you are starting.
My strap line is no question is a stupid question if you don’t know the answer, reasearch here and ask if you don’t know or can’t find an answer, your research on this forum will teach you more than you think !
Good luck:thumb