Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello.

Hazeandfizz

Hazeandfizz

Hi All,
Just joined the forum after finding the website last night, I'm the proud owner of a 1991 T4 VW California. I'm a mechancal enginner working in the world of Formula 1 and have spent the last 2 years getting our California up to my high standards. We are a family of 4 and our kids love weekends away in "Westie" more than anything.

We (Rachel, Rhiannon and Charlie) hope to attend your Cali's On The Farm event on the Friday night and during Saturday.

Regards,
James.

Hi james welcome a picture would be nice :thumb

Welcome along, Cali looks good!

What do you do in F1?

cheers

I've worked in our wind tunnels for the last 8 years but before that I was on our race team for 10 years. This is my 23rd season at Willliams.

Hazeandfizz said:
I've worked in our wind tunnels for the last 8 years but before that I was on our race team for 10 years. This is my 23rd season at Willliams.

Not run of the mill job and different talking point ... Cool :)

Aha... Always good to have aerodynamics expert in the forum... So now we can find out how to improve mpg through improved aerodynamics... And find out of those air dams and spoilers have any impact other than looks..... Can't we? ;-)

I'll buy the beers

Nice to see another '91 - it's the best year for them :D

Welcome.

dan

Hi James and welcome along, lovely looking Cali. Another big F1 fan here, hope to see you at COTF. What's that ??? Cali's at Silverstone meet :smile

Steve

Also a big F1 fan, almost as much as I love rugby. Just hope this year's F1 season is as exciting as this year's Six Nations!
Determined to do Le mans 24 heures & Manaco F1 in the Cali, in the same year, sometime soon!
Very jealous - Williams must be one of the best teams to work for.
Welcome
G

What a brilliant job! Must've been great to be there when mansell and hill won the championship. Did you get to meet ayrton senna?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Never a problem talking F1 with any of you guys as its far from just a job for me. I was lucky and did meet Ayrton, a true legend.

Hope to meet some of you guys soon.

James.

Hi James , just popt into your early post (2013 i was'nt even member on the forum i guess ...) was searching on "F1 "on the forum as the season kicks off next weekend , can't wait .
Saw an avatar of an F1 car before, but did'nt realise it was actually someone working in the F1
Been folowing F1 more than 20 years now and still loving it dispite the ernormous changes....
You got the dreamjob , as for outsiders , to you is't probaly hard work as usual
Went seeing it sevral times , diffrent circuits : Francorchamps,Magny Cours,Monaco
Love to do Silverstone once but guess the Brits have all the tickets as they are hudge fans...
Maybe as seasons starts you will not be visiting the forum often , so keep up the good work , and try to bring home a title for Sir. Frank in the next years....:thumb