Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! 2 man tent needed

N

NessL

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi,
We’ve driven to the New Forest with our van and a tent to camp for the week, unfortunately the tent poles have gone missing. We’ve no idea where they are, as in-laws have checked and the don’t appear to be at home either.

Does anyone near Brockenhurst have a 2 man tent we can borrow for a few nights?

Hi,
We’ve driven to the New Forest with our van and a tent to camp for the week, unfortunately the tent poles have gone missing. We’ve no idea where they are, as in-laws have checked and the don’t appear to be at home either.

If no joy there’s the camping shop in Lyndhurst or Decathlon in Southampton.

Go outdoors in Southampton too, if you have no joy and a little bit closer than decathlon.

We’ve managed to put up the tent using the toilet tent poles, just for tonight!
A trip home tomorrow for another tent, as the missing poles still haven’t been loacated.

We’ve managed to put up the tent using the toilet tent poles, just for tonight!
A trip home tomorrow for another tent, as the missing poles still haven’t been loacated.
What Length poles do you need? I’ve got some old ally pole sections that would make up a pair of 94 or 107 cm or longer.
I‘m outside Arundel, bit closer than Kent!

This is in the California spotting threads, I think it needs moving admin ?

Thank you for your kind offer, unfortunately our missing poles are fibreglass that stretch over the top.
More annoying than the drive back is that we can’t figure out where the poles could have gone to. Pitched it in the back garden, then loaded straight to the van when taken down

Hi,

Hi @NessL
I may be able to help. I have a Terra Nova Hyperspace (3 person geodesic) you can borrow for the week. We are just off the A31 near Wimborne, about 45 mins from Brockenhurst. DM me tomorrow to make arrangements? Graham

Hi @NessL
I may be able to help. I have a Terra Nova Hyperspace (3 person geodesic) you can borrow for the week. We are just off the A31 near Wimborne, about 45 mins from Brockenhurst. DM me tomorrow to make arrangements? Graham
Thank you Graham. We got through the first night using the poles from the toilet tent. Some of us are out and about today with a solo driver making the trip home.
Thanks again for your kind offer.

Thank you Graham. We got through the first night using the poles from the toilet tent. Some of us are out and about today with a solo driver making the trip home.
Thanks again for your kind offer.
No problem. The offer is there if the poles don't materialise and you are still stuck.