Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help. Broken awning!!

T

Tigergauss

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
We’ve been away in our new Cali and have made learnt a harsh lesson - don’t put your awning out in the wind!! It blew off and ended up on the other side of the van!! Damage - both brackets broken and twisted one leg. Does anyone know where we can get this fixed in the Nottingham area. Thanks

The club shop sell the brackets and the awnings and the legs. I very much doubt you will repair the leg as once aluminium has been bent it is very difficult to straighten

We’ve been away in our new Cali and have made learnt a harsh lesson - don’t put your awning out in the wind!! It blew off and ended up on the other side of the van!! Damage - both brackets broken and twisted one leg. Does anyone know where we can get this fixed in the Nottingham area. Thanks
We’re both legs pegged down and did you use a Tie Down Kit?

As has been stated the brackets and leg can be replaced, but I would be very surprised if the awning cassette and winding mechanism were not damaged in some way, even if not immediately apparent. Replacement might be the more cost effective way forward.

We've got pretty confident with our awning along with our tie down kit. We'll quite happily go out for the day leaving it in situ whatever the weather, unless it's gale force winds that is.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk