Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help. Broken my inverter socket

John Doldon

John Doldon

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Can anyone help?
Had our t5 around 6 months. Got it2nd hand and it came with an adaptor for the 2 pin 240 v inverter output to standard 3 pin plug.
Had checked it but not used before.
Anyway while away at the weekend we tried to use it.
Adapter wasn't keen to go in so pushed a bit harder. An indicator light came on so I pushed bit harder _ then the middle of the socket lost contact with its surround and pushed into the panel. Still there q visible but flopping about useless.
Thought may be able to access from in cupboard but no chance without removing the waste water tank. Maybe the socket and its surround will pop out of the panel so I can try and put it back together but I don't want to do any more forcing.
Anybody got any advice?
Thanks.

Welcome on your first post .
There have been reports on this , not my experience , have you tried and used the search function?

Can anyone help?
Had our t5 around 6 months. Got it2nd hand and it came with an adaptor for the 2 pin 240 v inverter output to standard 3 pin plug.
Had checked it but not used before.
Anyway while away at the weekend we tried to use it.
Adapter wasn't keen to go in so pushed a bit harder. An indicator light came on so I pushed bit harder _ then the middle of the socket lost contact with its surround and pushed into the panel. Still there q visible but flopping about useless.
Thought may be able to access from in cupboard but no chance without removing the waste water tank. Maybe the socket and its surround will pop out of the panel so I can try and put it back together but I don't want to do any more forcing.
Anybody got any advice?
Thanks.
As in the link @hotel california posted. You will have to remove the Lower "B" pillar trim.
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_singl...867/subcategory/867070/part_id/3695561/lang/e

Seems this was posted earlyer
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/inverter-socket-behind-passenger-seat.17100/

But don't know if the link to the solution is still working...
Thanks for that.
I had searched unsuccessfully but you're obviously better at it than me.
Links look helpful. Will have a look in van in day or two.
Was really hoping whole socket would pop out with careful use of a screwdriver but if trim comes off easily I'll have a go.
Cheers
J

john is the van still in warranty?

:welcome

Ran out January but I wouldn't claim. I broke it with my heavy handedness

The B pillar trim is not that hard to remove, that solution posted in that other thread sounds similar to the approach to remove the B pillar trim in the beach.