Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help.. finalising the Spec

N

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all,
I am new to the forum which i have to say is an outstanding mine of information and support.

I am just trying to finalise my spec for a new "Ocean" and having spent a few hours searching the various forums I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on the final choices i am considering before i push the button.

I am ordering through Drive the deal who i am pretty impressed with so far (as my local VW dealer told me they can't offer any discount on vehicles with long lead times).

Having agonised over Coast V Ocean i have finally decided to push the boat (van) out go and go for an Ocean in Bay leaf Green

The options where i am still undecided are:
1 Discover Media Pro
I am undecided on this one - Benefits seem to be larger screen, ability to view nav map on driver screen, and a number of other media pro features such as alerts if vehicle broken into etc.
2 Heated Front Windscreen
Seems to be convenient but some seem to feel the internal vehicle heater will do the job - others say on the move its really useful to de-mist the screen quickly rather than heating the whole cabin.
3 Wood effect floor covering
I tried a rental Cali and this area of the vehicle was hardest to keep clean - So wood effect appeals but i would welcome feedback from anyone who has chosen this option and i haven't seen a good picture of how it will look with the slate grey cabinets.
4 Storage compartment pack
Like idea of additional drawer but unsure of any compromise by doing this.
5 Stronger AGM battery and increased alternator.
Really not sure on this one but seemed prudent.

Finally - I am wondering if anyone has experienced using Drive The Deal and any issues i should watch out for.
For example i noticed the DTD specification sheet seems a little different from the VW website does anyone know if the dealer i eventually deal with will go through the no cost options with me ? I am thinking here of things like internal grey trims on dash which i understand are a no cost option on Ocean but are not mentioned on the DTD spec.

My thanks in advance to anyone who has the time to read my note and let me know their thoughts

Hi
I’m from Breeze Van Centre down in Poole I will be able to beat the quote from the drive the deal and go through the nil cost options. If you would like to call me on Monday I can go through it with you.
Tom

Hi there, we have the wood effect flooring and Discover Media pro, both worth it in my opinion; having the sat nav on the instrument cluster is a pretty cool feature and frees your big screen up for CarPlay, music, settings or whatever.. and the big touch screen is beautiful. Can’t comment on the standard flooring but the wood effect is really easy to keep clean and looks great!

The increased alternator is standard, and the idea of the stronger battery is if there's alot of stop/start city driving - comes over from the van/transporter - explained on a Cali Chris video...

Hi
I’m from Breeze Van Centre down in Poole I will be able to beat the quote from the drive the deal and go through the nil cost options. If you would like to call me on Monday I can go through it with you.
Tom
Oh, hats off to you for putting your challenge out there!
To the OP, that phone call will cost you nothing!

eated windscreen - yes
Flooring - doesn’t help keeping things cleaner!

Hi
Tom
Hi
OK - Can i call you first thing on Monday

Hi there, we have the wood effect flooring and Discover Media pro, both worth it in my opinion; having the sat nav on the instrument cluster is a pretty cool feature and frees your big screen up for CarPlay, music, settings or whatever.. and the big touch screen is beautiful. Can’t comment on the standard flooring but the wood effect is really easy to keep clean and looks great!
Thanks Steve

You will only end up using Google maps on your phone like everyone else. Which is free. And updates free. And shows live traffic. And you can still play music over the top of it . Discover pro and heated screen a waste of money imo. Wooden floor you will just end up with a carpet on it anyway to stop it getting scratched. Good luck with the purchase though. Colour choice is good.

You will only end up using Google maps on your phone like everyone else. Which is free. And updates free. And shows live traffic. And you can still play music over the top of it . Discover pro and heated screen a waste of money imo. Wooden floor you will just end up with a carpet on it anyway to stop it getting scratched. Good luck with the purchase though. Colour choice is good.
Thanks fb

Hi
Tom
Well done Tom for being on the ball. We need dealers to be proactive, otherwise we will end up buying our Calis from Amazon.
Add to spec imo,
4 keys
235 All weather tyres ( standard 215 )
Safe Box
EXTENDED WARRANTY.

We have four keys - two fobs and two rigid surf keys. I cannot really understand the benefit of four fobs though.
It seems to be a good value for money option, okay you might only use 2
of them but the other 2 can be kept in that drawer in your kitchen with the
other crap just in case one of the main ones stops working.

Hi
Tom
Interesting Tom, as you lot didn't beat mine and I was told you don't! Something else for me to add to my list of complaints to Mark then when we cancel our order after terrible service.

Interesting Tom, as you lot didn't beat mine and I was told you don't! Something else for me to add to my list of complaints to Mark then when we cancel our order after terrible service.
Oh dear, it sounds if there is more than a breeze blowing in Poole. Just when l thought it sounding good.

Hi Coastbusters.
Im sorry to hear about the terrible service that you have received from ourselves. Is there anyway I can help with the problem or look into the order for you when I’m back in on Monday. Do you have an order number at all?
I can assure you Breeze as a van centre does our utmost to keep customers happy and well informed throughout the process, don’t get me wrong we don’t always get it right and me personally don’t always get it right but I will do my absolute best to help.
It has been difficult with the lockdown put in place and again furloughing of staff so we have been on reduced numbers in the sales department. So if I can help in anyway please message me.

Hi Coastbusters.
Im sorry to hear about the terrible service that you have received from ourselves. Is there anyway I can help with the problem or look into the order for you when I’m back in on Monday. Do you have an order number at all?
I can assure you Breeze as a van centre does our utmost to keep customers happy and well informed throughout the process, don’t get me wrong we don’t always get it right and me personally don’t always get it right but I will do my absolute best to help.
It has been difficult with the lockdown put in place and again furloughing of staff so we have been on reduced numbers in the sales department. So if I can help in anyway please message me.
Thank you for responding. I'll be in touch next week.

@Newbie I ordered Discover Pro, for the break in warning, and the parked location not a tracker but it will tell you its last position if parked and ignition off. Also inclusive in the package is 3 years live traffic and other connected services.
Didn't order but wish I had:
Chrome pack ordered a single colour van and the extra bling breaks it up a bit.
4 keys

I was going to order the storage pack but consensus is I will need to carry something long in the van at sometime and down the side of under bench drawer is ideal.

Tom, Could you tempt the VW Guru back to Poole. I miss his knowledge imput.

Absolutely call me on 01202 713038
@Newbie I ordered Discover Pro, for the break in warning, and the parked location not a tracker but it will tell you its last position if parked and ignition off. Also inclusive in the package is 3 years live traffic and other connected services.
Didn't order but wish I had:
Chrome pack ordered a single colour van and the extra bling breaks it up a bit.
4 keys

I was going to order the storage pack but consensus is I will need to carry something long in the van at sometime and down the side of under bench drawer is ideal.
Thanks Wogga

Hi
Tom
Hi Tom would this apply to a new Beach order too?