Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help I can't find the engine relays!!!

Janno

Janno

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi Guys,
Can anyone point me to where the electrical relays for the engine are hidden in a 2008 California SE 4motion, I'm getting an intermittent starting fault, I turn the key with all dashboard lights on and cold start light then goes out, further turning of the ignition key equals nothing and no dimming of lights....I suspect a relay fault but can't find them........battery and starter motor is good....☹️........any pointers would be gladly received......thanks Janno

Hi Guys,
Can anyone point me to where the electrical relays for the engine are hidden in a 2008 California SE 4motion, I'm getting an intermittent starting fault, I turn the key with all dashboard lights on and cold start light then goes out, further turning of the ignition key equals nothing and no dimming of lights....I suspect a relay fault but can't find them........battery and starter motor is good....☹️........any pointers would be gladly received......thanks Janno
There are relays, e.g.: Glow Plug , beneath the Engine Battery in the Engine Fuse Box.
See this video for location

Wow!!......that's just fantastic WelshGas......thank you very much for your help....I owe you a beer when you're passing through Notts.....Janno

Hi Guys,
Hi janno
I have the exact van and fault. Did this solve your starting problem?? Thanks