Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HELP LED HEADLIGHTS PROBLEM

Oleveigaard

Oleveigaard

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hallo

I'm the proud owner of an Ocean from february '17.

Unfortunately, we have discovered some minor errors that should be solved. Worst of all, we have experienced an error on the climatronic that our dealer needed 7 months to repair;( I have been so angry..

The last thing we are not satisfied with is light from the LED HEADLIGHTS ( 3600£ with tax in DK )

The problem is the black unlighted stripe between Main beam and passing beam.

The dealer says that it can not be corrected. Thay have tried. I think it's terrible and you're disturbed by the strip when driving.

Is there anyone who can explain if it can be changed? And like to put pictures of your light.

Thanks in advance
Ole
Denmark

IMG_0751.jpg IMG_0752.jpg IMG_0753.jpg IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0757.PNG

we don't have that problem in the UK as out lights tift up to the left unless we are in travel mode.

I'm the proud owner of an Ocean from february '17.

The problem is the black unlighted stripe between Main beam and passing beam.

The dealer says that it can not be corrected. Thay have tried. I think it's terrible and you're disturbed by the strip when driving.

View attachment 29784
Gosh! That's not right.

My dipped beams are not quite level left and right but full beam is fine. And anyway, I quite like the quirkiness of imperfections, it individualises the vehicle. But yours is not a simple imperfection, it is a fault.

My only suggestion is switch to "travel mode" from the settings menu and see if it is still there.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I believe the LED is not supposed to be like that. That the dealer cannot fix the problem, is actually not your problem and does not comply with your rights as a customer. You must demand them sort it with VW and fix the problem.

Who is the dealer?

I wonder what the guy who signs the MOT would say about such a light pattern?
Edit (UK) Mot is only concerned that the dip pattern is with an acceptable band, they don’t care about main beam at all as long as it dips when switched.

I wonder what the guy who signs the MOT would say about such a light pattern?

That is for sure a god argument. If the dealer sold a car that is not legal
Mot is only concerned that the dip pattern is with an acceptable band, they don’t care about main beam at all as long as it dips when switched.

As I remember they control all stages in Denmark …

My T6 with LED headlights here in the UK are not like that and if they were I would certainly consider them to be faulty!

If my dealer was unable / unwilling to correct this fault I would be insisting on them being looked at by VW technical staff from our importers. If you have the same options in Denmark that ought to be your next step.
The usual words of advice apply, make sure that you have everything in writing and keep copies of it all.

My guess is that your dealer is reluctant to change the light unit(s) as the cost may come back on them if VW do not agree that the originals are faulty but you have paid good money for good lights and deserve better service.

Rod

In the UK we have the sales of good act (2015) which basically means something sold has to be fit for purpose. If it was here I would be rejecting the lights as not fit for purpose, do you have similar legislation there?

The simplest may simply to say if you cant fix the lights we will reject the vehicle.

Back