Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help - Leisure battery to charge iPhone

T

tomsetter

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi all

I’ve recently put a solar panel on the roof, it works perfectly keeping the batteries full charged, the fridge cold and lights on etc. we have a usb connector in the back but it won’t charge up an iPhone. The batteries are both 12v 110ah does anybody know how I could make it work?

Any thoughts much appreciated

Thanks

We also have two plugs in the back that only work when hooked up. Is there something here that might explain why the iPhone won’t charge?

Hi all

I’ve recently put a solar panel on the roof, it works perfectly keeping the batteries full charged, the fridge cold and lights on etc. we have a usb connector in the back but it won’t charge up an iPhone. The batteries are both 12v 110ah does anybody know how I could make it work?

Any thoughts much appreciated

Thanks
I presume this is via a USB connection? Is the usb port live, is the first blown? Does it charge from a dash mounted usb?

It charges from the usb at the front which is connected to the van battery. I have to turn the stereo on and then it charges.

Will check the fuse. Thanks
What vehicle have you got. I didn’t realise a VW California came with 110ah batteries, nor with 2 mains sockets.

Fuse that should be.
hi. I have had a look at the fuses and checked them n they all appear to be fine. I checked with new fuses and nothing seemed to make it work. I’ve put two pictures below of the usb connection and the fuse box and the wires.
Any help here much appreciated

Thanks.

3AA5FE2B-73D7-4155-ACFA-830C437B6F5D.jpeg

EF9C525F-1054-485D-9ACC-52608260EAC5.jpeg

hi. I have had a look at the fuses and checked them n they all appear to be fine. I checked with new fuses and nothing seemed to make it work. I’ve put two pictures below of the usb connection and the fuse box and the wires.
Any help here much appreciated

Thanks.

View attachment 95199

View attachment 95200
Exactly what vehicle do you have?
I’m more than happy to try and help but not knowing the vehicle then it’s a little like using a crystal ball to win the lottery.

Exactly what vehicle do you have?
I’m more than happy to try and help but not knowing the vehicle then it’s a little like using a crystal ball to win the lottery.
Apologies. It’s a converted Vw T6 transporter new in 2018. I’ve just had this solar panel fitted to the roof ‘110w sunpower solar panel with victron mppt smart regulator’

Apologies. It’s a converted Vw T6 transporter new in 2018. I’ve just had this solar panel fitted to the roof ‘110w sunpower solar panel with victron mppt smart regulator’
Ok. Just a possibility. You said you have 2 mains sockets in the rear that only work when on Mains Hookup.
Could the rear USB socket be Mains rather than 12v powered and only work on Mains Hookup?

The two plugs will be 240v and only work when plugged into a ehu on site or at home. The solar panel will keep the 2 x batteries charged whilst they are being used. It sounds as though your usb point is connected to the mains rather than your batteries possibly?
We also have two plugs in the back that only work when hooked up. Is there something here that might explain why the iPhone won’t charge?
Sorry - Welsh gas already said that!

Thanks all for your help. I think you’re right it’s connected to the mains option rather than leisure. Getting it looked at this Friday so will know more than. Your help is much appreciated in pointing me in the right direction

We have a cigarette to USB adapter which we use on the dash of our T5. We use this to charge phones, kindles, camping lights, toothbrushes. It’s presumably connected to the engine battery. It’s never caused us any problems, doesn’t flatten the battery. An easy option.
Having said that, I do unplug it when we’re not using it.

We have a cigarette to USB adapter which we use on the dash of our T5. We use this to charge phones, kindles, camping lights, toothbrushes. It’s presumably connected to the engine battery. It’s never caused us any problems, doesn’t flatten the battery. An easy option.
Having said that, I do unplug it when we’re not using it.
If it is on top of the Dashboard it could be connected to the Leisure Batteries.
If it is in the pull out cupholder draw then to the Engine Battery.

If it is on top of the Dashboard it could be connected to the Leisure Batteries.
If it is in the pull out cupholder draw then to the Engine Battery.
Yes it’s the cup holder on our T5.

Back