Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help needed

deltheblue

deltheblue

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I've searched forum for answers and not found them

Today I raised the roof and it wouldn't come down so after reading here I undone the screw and lowered it manually but it says roof open and I can't raise it or close it now so I disconnected control panel and put it back and now I have a flashing clock with no response from any of the buttons....

Someone please help

Oh and checked fuses under seat and they're fine
Switch OFF Control Panel using the L Lower Button. Wait 30 seconds then switch ON using L lower button. Any change?

@WelshGas , if you got a £ each time you give away how to reset the panel you had maybe 1/2 the money to buy a T6....;).
Should we make a banner on top of the forumpage so everyone sees how to...
Now he says he disconnected the panel , this must be done in the correct way if i am right , no ? Could end up wrong if you plug one of the two connectors in before the other ....can't recal witch needs to be pluged in first.

@WelshGas , if you got a £ each time you give away how to reset the panel you had maybe 1/2 the money to buy a T6....;).
Now he says he disconnected the panel , this must be done in the correct way if i am right , no ? Could end up wrong if you plug one of the two connectors in before the other ....can't recal witch needs to be pluged in first.
Big help this

So why do you say afther my post on the correct way to reconnect the panel
" big help" ?

Del, do you have a tie down strap with the vehicle? Unfortunately I do not have a picture of it but a black strap, a couple of lugs that fit in the awning rails and a strap tighten attachment?

It may be that after manual lowering the roof does not lock and it needs the strap to tie it down so you can then make slow progress to a dealer. It is standard with the vehicle at new but some get lost in resale.

Agree.

Been looking in the downloadsection to how to do the replacement of the turning knob . And that says reconecting the panel afther disconecting needs to be done the small plug first than the large plug in .
Did you disconected it fully?
Are you sure you did not damaged the panel (turning knob) and caused the roof failing to close ? Did other things like fridge where working fine on the panel?

Been looking in the downloadsection to how to do the replacement of the turning knob . And that says reconecting the panel afther disconecting needs to be done the small plug first than the large plug in .
Did you disconected it fully?
Are you sure you did not damaged the panel (turning knob) and caused the roof failing to close ? Did other things like fridge where working fine on the panel?
The roof happened before I did a disconnect everything else was working

If reconnected wrong the panel needs re-coding ( guess by VW )

Try this. Unplug the Control Panel. Wait 30 minutes then re-connect. Small plug first, followed by large plug.
You may have to then Switch On the unit using L lower switch.
I'll try it now mate

Your profile says you have a high top!!!

Have you called VW Assistance?

Try this. Unplug the Control Panel. Wait 30 minutes then re-connect. Small plug first, followed by large plug.
You may have to then Switch On the unit using L lower switch.
Tried what you said what I've got is the clock on 00:00 flashing with Wednesday underneath but none of the buttons are reacting when I press them

Tried what you said what I've got is the clock on 00:00 flashing with Wednesday underneath but none of the buttons are reacting when I press them
Ok. Does anything happen if you Press and Hold the R lower button and then Press the Control Button for 5 seconds. Do you get to the hidden VW menu?

I think when you plug the control panel back in it needs to be in the correct sequence or else it will screw up the control panel?

Back