Help rear seat is jammed down

The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
The rear bench seat is stuck in the bed position, when I pull the tag you can hear it engage locking mech but it won't raise back up.
There was something jammed in it which I've removed, but I it may have damaged release mechicanism. As it won't come back up!

Van is just out of warranty too, so don't want to take it to vw if it's something simple.

Being a wanna be buyer I'm not sure, so lets hope some experience chips in.
However, I'm Nr Eastleigh if you want 2 pairs of eyes and hands over the week end let me know. I'd find it hard to believe you have managed to damage the mechanism so much that it can't be 're-calibrated' so to speak.

We have had this on more than one occasion, what you need to is rock the bed whilst pulling the cord, I think you need to dislodge something

Will try that later, have just got back from a very wet north Wales to an even wetter Southampton!

Seach the forum ....can be lots of things .

Seatbelt
Cable snapped
Wrong handeling by the user
Something blocking underneeth in the drawer

Yep little stool had got jammed up in seat didn't realise it had and just pushed the bed down. All fine until the morning found it wouldn't go up and emptied boot to a scary sight of stool jammed right up in it.
Have managed to pull stool out.

Yep little stool had got jammed up in seat didn't realise it had and just pushed the bed down. All fine until the morning found it wouldn't go up and emptied boot to a scary sight of stool jammed right up in it.

Guess there's someting damaged or bended ?

Yep
Has anyone gained access to the latch, I think there's a latch on each side. It sounds like one is clicking

Being a wanna be buyer I'm not sure, so lets hope some experience chips in.
However, I'm Nr Eastleigh if you want 2 pairs of eyes and hands over the week end let me know. I'd find it hard to believe you have managed to damage the mechanism so much that it can't be 're-calibrated' so to speak.
Thanks, will let you know.
What Cali are you looking to buy

Thanks, will let you know.
What Cali are you looking to buy
No problem, feel free.
I am looking at either buying an older SE van outright or stretching to a PCP on an Ocean.

Can I recommend a porta poti :D:D:D

Should of stuck with one of them as it was the bog in a bag stool that got stuck in the bloody mechanism!!!

Ah no, bog in a bag is great! Just watch where you store it:)

Should of stuck with one of them as it was the bog in a bag stool that got stuck in the bloody mechanism!!!
Had this happen once.
1. Make sure Seat is fully forward. Sit on seat, in centre, release slider catch and pull forward as much as possible.
2. Kneel on seat, in centre with knees up against seat back, pull up strap and at the same time pull seat back upward .
3. If this doesn't work make sure there is nothing on top of the rear flexiboard/Parcel shelf stuck between shelf edge and seat back, especially where the seat belts run over the seat back.
4. Make sure the seat belts move when pulled gently.

Hope you get it sorted.

Popped to breeze in totton today, they had a quick look and no joy so it's nothing silly.
It has to go in for surgery I'm afraid.

Thanks for all your help, will keep you posted.

That's def going to be a expensive week away wild camping in north Wales.
First I get a puncher in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal!
Tried changing wheel myself and found out I've got 17mm studs on the front and 19mm on the back and only a 19mm wrench! Front puncher (Not forgetting it was pissing down).

By the way green flag break down and Susie (the person phone I used to call them) both amazing. Oh and national tyres in Caernarfon all life savers.

I guess you have to have the crap days or amazing days wouldn't exist as everything would just be boring and ok.

Sorry to hear that.

Popped to breeze in totton today, they had a quick look and no joy so it's nothing silly.
It has to go in for surgery I'm afraid.

Thanks for all your help, will keep you posted.

That's def going to be a expensive week away wild camping in north Wales.
First I get a puncher in the middle of nowhere with no phone signal!
Tried changing wheel myself and found out I've got 17mm studs on the front and 19mm on the back and only a 19mm wrench! Front puncher (Not forgetting it was pissing down).

By the way green flag break down and Susie (the person phone I used to call them) both amazing. Oh and national tyres in Caernarfon all life savers.

I guess you have to have the crap days or amazing days wouldn't exist as everything would just be boring and ok.
Sorry to hear that.
How have you managed to end up with Different sized wheel bolts?

Sorry to hear that.
How have you managed to end up with Different sized wheel bolts?
That's my fault too (we'll sort of), I have 15mm wheel spacers on the front and 20mm on the back.
The back spacers bolt on and then you can use your normal wheel nuts and the front one needed longer wheel nuts. Garage fitted it all just didn't realise the bolt heads were different sizes.

Does anyone carry there own trolley jack? I'm thinking of getting one.

If you look at my wheels there out further and I also have extended wheel arch protectors. It suppose to help handling, but I like the look more than anythingIMG_4556.JPG

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/bed-stuck.10700/

We has the same issue Breeze Totton sorted for us 1st class job so they have done job before Some of the issue is need bed out to fix and bed only comes out in up position.
Thanks meon think it must be a Hampshire problem!
It's def the same, hope it doesn't cost £500 to fix.
I think the bed can come out the back in down position (pull out the front rails) and then if they lift it up and over panel/wheel arch at the back.
Well hoping, I've removed everything from parcel shelve/jack holder. Will see
Have used breeze in totton for years and Derek is really helpful (even if he's a caravan man!)

they said they could not get it out flat

might be worth ringing VW they paid 80% good will as we were only just out of warranty

they said they could not get it out flat

might be worth ringing VW they paid 80% good will as we were only just out of warranty
My warranty ran out in June and you can see that it's been damaged by something as one of the underneath metal locators is bent. Will see how breeze get on and there costs, if they can get bed out in the down position then that's one less cost of a new back panel. Plus they are experienced now as they done yours, so fingers crossed there be quicker (cheaper labour charge hopefully).
Thanks again meon, it was a big help reading your problems. If I had a garage I would probably have a go at repairing it myself.

best wishes I trust Derek and the team a Breeze Totton to do there best - It worked well for us to have the van back once the seat out and for them to keep the seat while they waited for parts. Odd driving around without it,