Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! Roof up chimes!?

Lambeth Cali

Lambeth Cali

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
My new control unit chimes when it thinks the roof is up. We’re off away on Monday and that’s going to be very annoying. Can I turn it off.
The roof isn’t up but the sensors aren’t happy. I just want to know can I turn the chimes off?

Nobody any ideas anyone? Driving around with this chiming away is going to be a drag.

Suggests making sure you hold the close button until all the noise stops, so may be worth raising and closing again. Failing that a control panel reset :thumb

All the usual resets don't work. The roof works fine, its just the 'roof up' warning.
I replaced the control unit as the screen was shot at the end of last summer. Its OEM brand new. I've decided its the sensors and have gone down the replace with BMW Hall sensors route. Ordered from Ebay, and will see if that works. I had noticed water around the sensors so I'm guessing they're knackered. Its a 2008 van and that seems a common issue.

Can you turn the control panel off and then drive?

The roof up chimes still chime. We had 5 days driving around and they chime when you stop/start but then stop so it wasn’t too horrific. Home now and time to properly fix the roof or specifically the sensors.

The roof up chimes still chime. We had 5 days driving around and they chime when you stop/start but then stop so it wasn’t too horrific. Home now and time to properly fix the roof or specifically the sensors.
Theres a thread running somewhere in swapping out those sensors with some bmw parts for their soft tops