Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help to Identify a Trim Clip

No, that's not the right part.

The missing fitting is made of bright yellow plastic with a circular head that slides into the moulding you have highlighted. The other end of this fixing sticks out and locates in the corresponding socket in the main N/S rear interior trim. TBH it's a real PITA as every time you go to fit the tool storage cover it falls out. It's a stupid piece of design. I've always meant to glue mine in place to stop it moving but haven't got around to doing yet.

Have a root about in the tool compartment as it's probably fallen off and is inside there.

If you want a photo of the missing part let me know and I will sort it out tomorrow. The boot is rammed at present and it's probably raining as usual.

Last edited:
Reactions: M32
No, that's not the right part.

The missing fitting is made of bright yellow plastic with a circular head that slides into the moulding you have highlighted. The other end of this fixing sticks out and locates in the corresponding socket in the main N/S rear interior trim. TBH it's a real PITA as every time you go to fit the tool storage cover it falls out. It's a stupid piece of design. I've always meant to glue mine in place to stop it moving but haven't got around to doing yet.

Have a root about in the tool compartment as it's probably fallen off and is inside there.

If you want a photo of the missing part let me know and I will sort it out tomorrow. The boot is rammed at present and it's probably raining as usual.
Hi , Thanks for the info.

The only yellow ones I can find are this one

If you get a chance please will you take a picture- thanks

This is the chap:
20200309_175014.jpg
20200309_174922.jpg
20200309_154614.jpg

I would have a word with the parts person at your nearest VW Commercial Van centre. Failing that, I can recommend Chris the parts man at SMG Tonbridge.

Reactions: M32
Hi @calikev If I want to order a few of these, do I just call the local VW dealership with the parts number?
Did that work out for you? Is that the right part - I'm after one on my outgoing Beach that I'm fixing all the niggles ready for sale? I found an alternative post with part number 7H5 867 549... going to start pestering our local dealer and see how I get on.

Cheers

Thanks - now I have two Beaches I can compare and contrast! I've got to do a deep clean on the old one before selling and fix that annoying clip! Sadly as I'm tidying it up, I realise it's still a really nice van. Damn you, ULEZ! But if it helps our collective lungs in the long run (and not just the vehicle manufacturers)...

Did that work out for you? Is that the right part - I'm after one on my outgoing Beach that I'm fixing all the niggles ready for sale? I found an alternative post with part number 7H5 867 549... going to start pestering our local dealer and see how I get on.

Cheers
Hi Pignik - yes, it worked perfectly.

Back