Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with VW Dealer

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Ok I have some issues with my California Beach and I just wanted to know where I stand from a legal point of view.

I bought my California Beach on 18th Jan from a proper VW main van dealer (will go into names later)
The van is was first registered in June 2013 and the first owner was VW themselves and not a private individual.

First issue!

On the day of picking the van up before signing the paper work etc I asked how many keys it should have and I was told two (is that right?), but they only had one with them. I was told that 'when we buy van from VW direct we often only get one key and the other is forwarded on in the future' and it would be posted out to me.

A week later I followed this up and got no reply to either email or phone message, couple of days pass and I got annoyed and phoned and spoke to the manager.. in a pretty patronising way he said ah yes the mystery of the missing key.. he then asked if I had looked in the glove box and door pockets!! He offered no applogy and glazed over what his salesman had told me about VW sending the key (was originally a lie?). I told him I wasn't happy and he said would order me a new key and if I came down to the dealer he would code it for me.. I then reminded him that their dealership was an hour drive either way to me, he said he would send me the key and I could get it 'coded' at a local dealer at his expense. I was told the keys take 5 days to arrive (more lies?) anyway it been 7 days now (five working days) no response so far and I'm going to make a call tomorrow.
First question is should I be accepting this as reasonable resolve as in the back of my mind there is another key out there somewhere for my van and I fell a little security paranoid. Can the new key and the present key be recoded so the missing key would no longer work? (despite the missing key still fitting the locks on my van) what do you guys think

Second issue!

This is a grey area and I really don't know where I stand and I'll be phoning VW customer care about this before confronting the dealer.

Basically today I had the roof up for one of the first times and I noticed the mattress was the wrong way around as there is a velcro strip on the mattress which should line up with the one on the wooden slat.
I turned it around and it revealed a burn mark..

IMG_7711_zps5cc2c0f4.jpg

This burn mark is about 40-50mm wide and now the mattress is in its correct place the burn mark is towards the front, left hand side of the van. Now I could't get around how this burn mark would have happened but then it struck me that possibly it was from the round bendy lamp that California SE's have (the Beach doesn't have these, we just have 12V socket). Possibly the rook was closed onto this lamp and whilst it was turned on?? If this is case the mattress has obviously been swapped out by the dealer or previous VW owner from a SE model.

As the van is second hand (6 months old) where do I stand with this damage was it sold as seen as such? as it seems very devious that the mattress was turned in a position to hide this .. Its not like I bought this van from a private individual or a back street garage and the previous owner was VW !!

Can I have your opinions please guys

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7711_zps5cc2c0f4.jpg
    IMG_7711_zps5cc2c0f4.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 0
the key issue - they have said they will replace it and they should, not sure how you stand re burn as it is a second hand. rather than new. we did not look at our upper mattress on our pre registered Calie but they were all covered with a platic original packing. are you getting a memory foam topper if so I would go for the one which is a direct replacement for the original mattress.

I have a bendy lamp with my Beach - I suspect you should have one with yours???

James

Nope didn't get a lamp (or fly nets) also heard some people mention a flash torch? not sure what that even looks like?

Do you have a picture of your bendy lamp?

I found an empty box for a bendy lamp under one of my seats but no lamp, and was told that it only came as standard on the SE, not on the Beach...

Keys can take 7-10 working days from order to arrive and then they need coding.

I would speak to them about the mattress and see what they say and hope that they will be reasonable about it.

cheers

Whatever happened here ?

Did you get a sensible resolution ?

Take care with the key as insurance companies can get quite sniffy about keys should you ever need to claim

I've just paid £180 for a new spare key (lost the other one) so definitely get one off them!
That burn is pretty bad and it's weird about the backwards mattress.
Go straight to the top of the dealership and take no nonsense.

I got the Key in the post need to get it coded.

Guys can someone take a picture of the bendy light in a beach please

Back