Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Her last few weeks camping....

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
Our beautiful Bella is in her final weeks. She has a tumour that is incurable and now only with us for as long as she can have pain-free quality of life.

Her 13th birthday is in April and we will take her camping to her favourite woods.

We have had 13 brilliant years with her for which we give our heartfelt thanks.

Our last trip away, Bella on our local beach a couple of days ago and looking out of her favourite window.

dogs in angela 1 - cirencester.jpgBellaSea.jpg bella on table.jpg

Sorry to hear this, what a sad time for you. But at the same time how lovely you're making her life so enjoyable to the end.

Our thoughts are with you ...we had to put Mieke asleep after 12,5y exact one month ago leaving a hole in our harts...
Lost for words....

Sorry to hear this, what a sad time for you. But at the same time how lovely you're making her life so enjoyable to the end.

Thank you.

I feel privileged. She had a painful infection and the vet suspected a tumour. Now the infection has cleared he can confirm it, giving us precious time to give her everything we can whilst she is happy and free of pain.

Our thoughts are with you ...we had to put Mieke asleep after 12,5y exact one month ago leaving a hole in our harts...
Lost for words....

I felt your pain Wim, and felt it again today, I thought of you saying goodbye to Mieke ♥️

I can at least say goodbye to Bella and have many precious moments doing so.

Sorry to hear that Jen. The downside of having pets, they give so much pleasure but unfortunately they pass on so early. :(

I felt your pain Wim, and felt it again today, I thought of you saying goodbye to Mieke ♥️

I can at least say goodbye to Bella and have many precious moments doing so.

We had the news and put her asleep 24h later....she was suffering heavy pain a few weeks allready we new there was something wrong but never thought the verdict would be putting her asleep .You are very brave spreading it in time . I could not cope i think , i walked arround almost crying constant the last 24h we shared the last moments .
I took her to the crematory myself and picked the remains up the day after , now sitting here waiting till we go to France and leave her behind on one of the many spots we took her .

Sorry to hear that Jen. The downside of having pets, they give so much pleasure but unfortunately they pass on so early. :(

Fortunately I am still anaesthetised from surgery on Thursday :(

Whatever lives, dies ... and we have had Bella for longer than we could have expected.

My thoughts are with you.
Grown up with our „Cheeta“, let her go when I was 6, gives me an idea how you feel.
75c55f2c726c2f6a64328a20e090691b.jpg

Wonderful way how you handle this!

My thoughts are with you.
Grown up with our „Cheeta“, let her go when I was 6, gives me an idea how you feel.
75c55f2c726c2f6a64328a20e090691b.jpg

Wonderful way how you handle this!

Thank you.

Woke up this morning with Bella beside me and hoping it was just a dream but no, it could be days or weeks, hopefully even months but we will not allow her to live one day in pain that she does not need to.

Today she will enjoy the sunshine as she runs on her favourite beach, full of life as always,....

You have given her the best life possible, that's what matters . Pain goes away , memories last forever.

I can't imagine how you must feel.

7 years ago we got our dog, Honey, and life without her is unimaginable.

From the bottom of my heard I wish you all the best and that your remaining time will be as wonderful as possible.

Regards,
Eberhard

Please accept our very best wishes. Enjoy your final weeks together and reflect on the happy memories of so many years together.

I can't imagine how you must feel.

7 years ago we got our dog, Honey, and life without her is unimaginable.

From the bottom of my heard I wish you all the best and that your remaining time will be as wonderful as possible.

Regards,
Eberhard

Thank you x

We have so many memories.

I feel all your pain for these situations acutely and understand entirely how you feel. However what a wonderful way to let her live our her days. What more could they hope for? To be loved and to be in their favourite place with those they love most.

Rudy is 8 now, and he is starting to get grey hairs and this year we have noticed him slow down, as he overtakes me in age (in dog years). It really brings it home, Honey is 6 and a half an still made of rubber and springs for now. I am so mindful of it and dread the day but that means we cherish them all the more.

Their time goes so much faster than ours and even thinking about it now it pains me that i can't give them the outdoor life they would both love. We spent the weekend in a field in the sunshine with friends and they were so happy, I wish I could give them that every day but all I can do is try to give them as many days like that as I can.

Love to you all, no matter whether you have 4 legs or less.

Thoughts are with you.

We lost Poppy at only 8 (she was our first) in Dec 2017 after bone cancer, keeping her comfortable as long as we could but could not camp with her in that time in case of spontaneous fracture. I can testify to the power of CBD for pain management - it made a huge difference to her quality of life vs opiates in those precious last months.

They're such a joy especially when camping and forming a new pack for the weekend, we are getting a new one after Easter; it's finally time but she will never be replaced.

9vNZ4OOSWHUriKUziwWldG72TynILLedk5qtJsC2QFiU-kPWlYDiyEdxDRr2BVq_kbxCg5NRjz_zwoWfbN43yQCVnwv3Qw4oNOtWgieOEh9Pp1lVyHWlms1a88M7uh_QP3KJn3ge3EkkO2rrsuAWAWVKDapSaLJIXPkSOfF53xQ18mq8KiUh8LXObxtpGkX20swUJKZLrgvujHGNNGjXEQHIk63ZIWEWF6pj-4cgnrW8kkeDOlXel4pxjOkkgl1arOScE9EyGS7DuK1FCIEFYyVKBaWUok2w6iMBZs7cOcpCqI54Yqa-7IAdb61S4ezt0mD6xA1bp1ka9GAkG9t0Qy4j35N-1xPtcmciC-fnxolXVmgKez8-h-gRHcW38GpPr4NivP30aovIDvrK6KuPz0HrvtHTvdomy5G4XCeFetnLMVpczhdinnMaqyN2cio9tcaaDyc6PeOXHBzDDFc24KUEwa1SicpHnKZ-8X5IiDnzfYA4pPh6KZTXvbk9Nd-hWdtdoMrYUNzdhSsaLvoNVAyCSU8mBHBnVw7pWmjiBoffsNhxdtrkFZHeKJALR7gFXybjgLfM5ecne6FB1ibIY-kWW4E9722VgvIS4PhPOClCTNEVcVFRtJTHi_rg3QoRoYvHjh7mPUxdwmHPn3rr3iJtzDoiogTi=s794-no

It's hard to lose a friend. We've lost in oktober our Stella, a 9 years old basset hound and still miss her every day. A dog is so much more than an animal... and losing her hurts.
Wishing you lovely and hartfilling memories.
Greetings
Calibusje

Oh my heart goes out to you too Jen. You must have so many memories of special times together.
Beth our dog is nearly 14 and has kidney problems and arthritis and her back end is letting her down more and more. I know we will have to make a decision soon but she seems happy and not in too much pain at present. This must be a very hard time for you. Like us you know that time is precious at the moment. I know you’ll be making the most of every moment. Enjoy the beach and shared places you both enjoy being.
You are in our thoughts.
Jo x

I feel all your pain for these situations acutely and understand entirely how you feel. However what a wonderful way to let her live our her days. What more could they hope for? To be loved and to be in their favourite place with those they love most.

Rudy is 8 now, and he is starting to get grey hairs and this year we have noticed him slow down, as he overtakes me in age (in dog years). It really brings it home, Honey is 6 and a half an still made of rubber and springs for now. I am so mindful of it and dread the day but that means we cherish them all the more.

Their time goes so much faster than ours and even thinking about it now it pains me that i can't give them the outdoor life they would both love. We spent the weekend in a field in the sunshine with friends and they were so happy, I wish I could give them that every day but all I can do is try to give them as many days like that as I can.

Love to you all, no matter whether you have 4 legs or less.

Thank you Matt x

She seems to have discovered a new lease of life now :) Running everywhere, eating everything, getting my hopes up that it may be months and not weeks so having to be careful.

Oh my heart goes out to you too Jen. You must have so many memories of special times together.
Beth our dog is nearly 14 and has kidney problems and arthritis and her back end is letting her down more and more. I know we will have to make a decision soon but she seems happy and not in too much pain at present. This must be a very hard time for you. Like us you know that time is precious at the moment. I know you’ll be making the most of every moment. Enjoy the beach and shared places you both enjoy being.
You are in our thoughts.
Jo x

Thank you Jo x

She is behaving like a puppy at present, so full of energy and love for life. I think it's because the nasty infection that first alerted us to the tumour has now gone. I feel fortunate in one way, thanks to that infection I know the time scales and I know I can now just totally spoil her to the end.

Still hard though ...

Last edited: