Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

He's gone, on to new journeys.

calibusje

calibusje

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150

He's gone, sold and it affected me. It was a decision made because standing wouldn't make it any better. Since we are both still working and still have another California, this was a difficult yet certain decision to make. I feel good that he is going to a great couple with a baby. The mother used to travel with her parents with a T2 and already had two T3s herself. She knows her stuff. The daddy is totally getting into it and showed this by traveling to the north of France yesterday with his family in our -sorry their- campervan; they picked him up from us Friday, two days before! Then I gave them a tour of more than two hours and for me this was a last moment with the van that gave us 10 years of beautiful travels and trips. Flawless and like only a westy can.
Greetings
Calibusje

It's great that you've shown so much love for a 31 year old van, hopefully demonstrating to those new to the hobby that you don't need an £80k 200hp 4x4 to go and enjoy yourself.
I imagine the camping experience hasn't evolved that much over those years (unless you were on meth hob).
Also nice to show that the California brand owes as much to Westfalia as it does to vw.
I share your pain at having let one go.

It's great that you've shown so much love for a 31 year old van, hopefully demonstrating to those new to the hobby that you don't need an £80k 200hp 4x4 to go and enjoy yourself.
I imagine the camping experience hasn't evolved that much over those years (unless you were on meth hob).
Also nice to show that the California brand owes as much to Westfalia as it does to vw.
I share your pain at having let one go.
Thank you. Indeed: the california since the T5 is really just a continuation and evolution of the T4 westfalia california. Our new one gives us that typical travel feeling that we know and appreciate so well. I remember your westfalia california exclusive and it was a beautiful campervan!