Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hey there from Belgium

J

Janv

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We are traveling 20 years with California’s, had a T4, two T5’s and a T6 now for 5 years. We are on our way to Greece waiting for the ferry to depart.
First time we have a problem, the fridge doesn’t work not on 220, not on 12v. The compressor warms and turns slowly. I guessed it could be the control unit of the fridge. Does anybody has experience replacing this unit? Or could it be another problem? Thanks for your help.

Seems like a fridge controller problem... But could be the compressor also. If the fridge is important for you on the trip, best to stop in at a VW dealer on the way and get it checked.

Technically it is called a coolbox, just in case it helps to explain to a VW dealer.

Changing the controller is quite an involved process and not something you may be able to do enroute.

If the fridge is not a central requirement to your trip, then enjoy the trip and get back home and consider repair

In the UK we have a refrigeration company that repairs controllers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ok Thx Fridge is important to us as we are mostly camping free and it is currently 32 gr C here in Greece. I ordered a portable Engel cooling box, it still has to arrive. I received a new control unit in the meantime at home adress in Belgium. Vw dealers in Greece don’t have a lot of experience with camper vans, so didn’t want to go that way. Hope new cooling box arrives tomorrow . Awaiting this we use frozen water bottles to keep stuff cool in the cooling box. Works as well

Back