Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Australia

K

kateeoh

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hello everyone, I’m the very proud owner of a beautiful new California Beach T6.1 with Vanessa kitchen in the back. It’s our first campervan and we’ve been testing it out over the past few weekends. I’m so happy to be able to learn from your experience here on the forum. First job is to research solar options!

IMG_5116.jpeg

Hello everyone, I’m the very proud owner of a beautiful new California Beach T6.1 with Vanessa kitchen in the back. It’s our first campervan and we’ve been testing it out over the past few weekends. I’m so happy to be able to learn from your experience here on the forum. First job is to research solar options!

View attachment 119636

Let us know how you go with the solar options as I’m in the same boat as you (minus the kitchen in the back)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

View attachment 119636
The ideal country for Solar. You do get a bit more sunshine than the UK.
One word of warning. Solar panels don't like high temperatures as output falls off as temperatures rise above 25/30c. So airflow around the panels is important. Bonding a panel to the roof is not a good idea, they can fail and removing them and the adhesive is not fun. Fitting to a frame bolted into the roof channels means they are easy to fit and remove and give a ventilation space below, or a free standing panel on the ground that can be directed at the sun while the van can be in the shade is a good way forward.
They are not difficult to fit if you can wire a plug.