Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Exeter ... am I bonkers?

M

Mike Maguire

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
So I’ve just put down a small deposit on this 08 reg SE 174 Tiptronic
https://www.woodsnewforest.co.uk/us...MIsfKuyfjM2gIV4xXTCh3DpwmaEAAYAiAAEgJi-fD_BwE
and am trading in my wonderful 65 reg Skoda dsg Scout. Why?why?why?
Because back in about 2010 I bought a second hand 07 SE then a couple of years later I could no longer travel far from home for family reasons so I sold it to a friend. And several cars later I still haven’t got over parting with it. In a couple of weeks hope to have my mitts on this one.
Lots & lots to re-learn!

Welcome back Mike!
I guess you do not have to re learn lots of things rather you can already share your great expertise with us! So great to ha e you back.

BTW the Scout is a great car isn‘t it?

Cheers

same as me i had a 2010 se back in 2011 sold it because it wasn't getting used
about 10 cars later im back

Bonkers for getting rid of a Skoda.......did I read that right? Just checking?

Oh yes you certainly & absolutely & completely did. Provided you understand that on my part that was a model specific comment.
Version 3 Octavia is as roomy as my previous B5 Passat. The dsg Scout has slightly raised suspension with underbody cladding, mudguard edgegustds, 184bhp diesel motor, 6 speed dsg, xenon headlights, heated windscreen, heated front seats l & r individual climatronic ac, leather & Alcantara seats, sat nav & reasonable sound system. & this one has an oem fitted demountable towbar.

Significantly for those of us inclined to press on with a heavy load onboard it has pretty large effective brake discs (Suspect slightly larger fronts compared to the Cali I’m getting) and most important of all it has the same multilink rear suspension that the vrs has. (standard suspension is apparently more cart like!)
On Nokian Weatherproofs snow & muddy wet grass performance was just great!

Why, do you want one?

Do skoda still do that optional extra where when you are pushing it
trying to start it, the rear screen keeps your hands warm ?
:Iamsorrylol.

Do skoda still do that optional extra where when you are pushing it
trying to start it, the rear screen keeps your hands warm ?
:Iamsorrylol.

I think that joke was about Ladas and not Skoda

Relax, just because you’re from Exeter doesn’t necessarily mean you’re bonkers! ;)

:welcome Look forward to seeing some pics of your Cali! :thumb

welcome to the forum I'm near Exeter I keep an eye out for you.

Bonkers? If you are, I am! Bought a 2007 174 SE Tiptronic two years ago, and I'm still bonkers about it!

:upsidedown

View attachment 33727
It was the old Skoda Estelle pre VAG. I remember them well. Always on the side of the road broke
I was a car nut when I was a kid - my dad gave me his complete collection of "On Four Wheels" encyclopedias when I was young and I studied them religiously (anyone else remember them)?
For some reason I always had a soft spot for the Skoda Estelle - not sure why but I've always rooted for the underdog and it just seemed to have a bit of character. Maybe it was just me?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So I’ve just put down a small deposit on this 08 reg SE 174 Tiptronic
https://www.woodsnewforest.co.uk/used-cars/volkswagen-california-lymington-201805196672590?at_source=autotrader&at_medium=desktop&at_campaign=website-visit&_ga=2.241097795.1330738736.1527548838-1518513675.1523917428%26_gac%3D1.237756724.1524367959.EAIaIQobChMIsfKuyfjM2gIV4xXTCh3DpwmaEAAYAiAAEgJi-fD_BwE
and am trading in my wonderful 65 reg Skoda dsg Scout. Why?why?why?
Because back in about 2010 I bought a second hand 07 SE then a couple of years later I could no longer travel far from home for family reasons so I sold it to a friend. And several cars later I still haven’t got over parting with it. In a couple of weeks hope to have my mitts on this one.
Lots & lots to re-learn!
Blimey - is that how much you'd pay now for a used '08?! Mine was top spec (ex demo) and It looks like I could sell it now for more than I paid over ten years ago!

I live near Exeter too, I have been back at work a week after coming back from a 3 week road trip down to the Alps. I am still smiling about the holiday and the way the Cali performed. Enjoy!!!!