Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from new Cali Ocean owner

F

Funbus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello everyone
We’ve just bought a 2019 California Ocean and are looking forward to getting away I’m it. So far we have a kettle and 2 mugs
If anyone can offer any tips or advice on those necessary purchases, including seat covers, mats and drive away awnings, we’d really appreciate it !! Thank you

Hello everyone
We’ve just bought a 2019 California Ocean and are looking forward to getting away I’m it. So far we have a kettle and 2 mugs
If anyone can offer any tips or advice on those necessary purchases, including seat covers, mats and drive away awnings, we’d really appreciate it !! Thank you
Best advice on buying accessories is don’t rush! Before you decide that you ”need” something (apart from essentials) slow down! Go on a few camping trips and work out what you really need.
Search the forum for opinions …. awnings is a prime one.

Hello everyone
Teabags and a spoon would complete the afternoon! :)

Personally I'm resisting all purchases until completing some trips so not the best to advise, although I'm sure you'll get some helpful info here.

Hello everyone
Hi there
I also just purchased a new Cali Ocean 4Motion 204ps. Great fun so far !

Hi and welcome !
We are a family of four and a dog, we use a drive away awning for anything more than a 3 night stay, otherwise we don't bother.

2 + dog
1st purchases were for security and protection. Spare wheel safelock, steering wheel safelock ( I know mostly visual deterent) waterproof seat covers and rubber floor covering ( from club shop). Bungee for pop top ( easy to fit and makes raising /lowering roof less concerning)
Thereafter I’ld agree you need to use the van to assess what you need.
Essentials for us : wee single step stool for entry, anchor point on floor rail for dog attachment, drive away awning (Vango Palm) great for wet weather/wet clothes /wet dog ! But they are a ‘footer’ and we haven’t actually yet driven away from it lol !
Ridge Monkey, our latest addition, braw for heating up your croissants.
Porta potti ( a lot of debate on this one) takes up space under the sink and you lose a shelf in the process ( we haven’t actually used this either …. yet, but it’s there if needed.
In fact the list is endless and we’re still looking at what others recommend and we’ve had our van 2 years now.
Oh and I didn’t mention a wee ladder for up top and, and, and !!!
Enjoy the great adventure x

Hello everyone
We find a small plastic folding step useful for a lot of things. It’s about a foot high, and is handy as a coffee table, step for reaching high parts of the van - like brushing tree detritus off the awning before stowage, windscreen cleaning and most of all, as a step for my wife to assist her jumping upstairs.

Hello everyone
Me again… oh yes, we would endorse that… a porta-potty. Hard to imagine NOT having it. We have called ours ‘Gwendoline’ after my wife’s favourite sweet-pea variety.

Hi there
I also just purchased a new Cali Ocean 4Motion 204ps. Great fun so far !
Hi @Forza71 can I politely point out that you have your postcode in your bio info? Some might think that was a security risk to advertise where your lovely Cali lives. Hope that is ok?