Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from South Wales

H

Hutch

VIP Member
After years of wanting/planning we picked up our new Cali three weeks ago from VW Cardiff. We're looking forward to our first trip.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations.

What colour and spec did you go for?

Sounds dodgy but I think the colour is called sand/beige, looks nicer than it sounds. It's a 180 manual with a couple of extras - phone, parking sensors, cruise etc. We're hoping to add a few accessories - side bars, roof bars & tow hitch when finances allow. Thanks for the welcome.

Have to agree, all my friends & family love the colour, as do we. It's just the word Beige that doesn't sound too glamorous!

Hutch said:
Sounds dodgy but I think the colour is called sand/beige, looks nicer than it sounds. It's a 180 manual with a couple of extras - phone, parking sensors, cruise etc. We're hoping to add a few accessories - side bars, roof bars & tow hitch when finances allow. Thanks for the welcome.

Sand Beige is not dodgy, it's a great colour.

Start saving up for the accessories now !!
Welcome.

My wife was instrumental in colour choice after I initially wanted white. I must say I am now converted and love the colour!

As for the accessories - first thing on my Christmas list - side bars!
But do I need to pay the premium for The VW parts?

Wow, big saving over VW bars! Thanks for the advice Andy, I'll be checking that out tonight. I'm looking forward to adding some extras and the bars seem to be a good starting point.
Cheers

Hi Hutch,

Welcome! I got my Cali at Cardiff VW also. Good dealership! I think I might have seen your Sand Beige whilst I was there last time. Nice!

Where are you based?

Paul

Hi Paul, we're in Bridgend mate. I think you were parked up on the phone when I pulled in? I had to pop in for a couple of teething problems. Nothing major & they seem up to the job. Jason sold me mine so I always deal with him as he's a nice guy. They washed & hoovered my van while it was in which was a nice touch. I'll be happy if that level of service continues - not that I'm expecting too many problems to develop!

Beautiful part of the world, Monmouth, by the way!

All the best Geraint & Janine (Hutch)

Hi again Hutch,

Justy a thought. Have you come across OBI camping and leisure in Cowbridge? They do just about any camping accessory you could want. Got a good deal and service on Kyham awning and Cozi.

best

P

Thanks for the info Paul - no, never heard of OBI. Checked the website and looks good, and not a bad excuse to pop into Cowbridge for a drink! Went to Go Outdoors in Cardiff last week which was a bit of a let down, some good stuff but mostly clothing. Bridgend Camping & leisure has some useful gear if a bit pricey. We only need a few basics really - got lots of stuff from previous attempts at camping. Any spare cash (not much left after buying the van!) is going to go on side bars, roof bars, tow hitch etc etc when/if cash flow improves.
Cheers G

Well Hello...... :clap

Good to see you here and welcome.

Come on Ger we need some pics of this lovely bus. First rule :crazy

What originally made you want white?

Hi Gar, will put some pics on when Janine shows me how! Me & tech don't mix mate. Besides maybe I should wait til I've added those little extras!
White was just a progression from the white Scirocco, Elise then TTS - plus obviously liked the look of your van at the wedding . In the end we didn't get to choose, Sinlairs rang us with a deal so long as we had what they had in stock and was completed by the end of October. Got to say though, very happy with the Sand Beige now that we've got it. White would've matched the TR better mind!
Cheers mate G

Hi
Congratulations I purchased my first cal from Cardiff good bunch of guys.
Well maybe we need to set a meet up at Ogmore by Sea on a weekend.
Bring your Cal dogs too.