Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from Switzerland

korben

korben

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi there,

I'm a swiss guy, I we have with my partner a T6 California Ocean TSI 150ps (named Bob ;)) since almost 2 years now, and I hope for many, many more years :).

82da7c_ce15604667844456951fed5af949f3d6~mv2.jpg

I'm already active on french forums and happy and curious to discover other Cali-community from different country (it's also an good way to improve my english :D).

2 road-trips so far:

Norway in 2016
82da7c_c6637fab6de34579968dae4ba250682d~mv2.jpg

Italy in 2017
82da7c_fcafd0141abe43b6a0b96736639ff347~mv2.jpg

Completely fan of this kind of travel on the road (not sure if I could have "classic" holidays anymore...). For our road-trip 2018 we've planned to go in England, Scotland and Ireland.

See you !

Welcome , great pictures!

Many would love to hear how your petrol Cali rides and preforms as most of us have diesels.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your visit over here.

Welcome korben, partner and Bob :)

Nice pics. Yeah, once you get used to a Cali, no more traditional holidays.

When you are able to, plan and post your your England, Scotland and Wales itinerary on here and I am sure many will be able to help you plan the the best trip.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Welcome, I have the Cali only for short few months, but I agree it is a special vehicle , much more than a van.

Save journeys and if you make it to Ireland have a wonderful time here.

Eberhard

thanks for all your messages :)

@hotel california: yes it seems that petrol still is exception...I'm not an expert and I never drived diesel so it's hard for me to compare but sure I can share my experience and feelings

@MickyTwoPints : Cool, if you come arround Geneva just say hi ;)

@kurienp : Thanks, I'm sure I'll find here many good informations for that trip :thumb

Hi there,

I'm a swiss guy, I we have with my partner a T6 California Ocean TSI 150ps (named Bob ;)) since almost 2 years now, and I hope for many, many more years :).

I'm already active on french forums and happy and curious to discover other Cali-community from different country (it's also an good way to improve my english :D).

2 road-trips so far:

Norway in 2016

Italy in 2017

Completely fan of this kind of travel on the road (not sure if I could have "classic" holidays anymore...). For our road-trip 2018 we've planned to go in England, Scotland and Ireland.

See you !
Welcome Korban. This is a great site, full of so much great info. We did a trip to the Italian Lakes last year, and took in a little of Switzerland (stayed a night at Lake Geneva and Fiesch before taking the Simplon Pass into Italy). How long is your planned trip to the UK? There is lots to do here but be prepared for our 'special weather'. Aside from our cities, Scotland is wild and remote (but has lots of midges in summer), the Lake District is one of many 'Peak' districts with hills and lakes, and Cornwall is rugged but has beautiful, beaches if the sun shines, as does the south coast! I'm sure the people on this forum would make some great suggestions of places to visit! Perhaps post something asking for the 'Best of Britain' nominations. And Ireland is a whole nother Island off an Island!! However, given I've just done a 20 hour door-to-door drive back from an Austrian ski resort, we are only a day away!!!

@Esandar#1 :
Thanks for your message :thumb
Yes I'm sure I'll find many good informations on this forum ! We have one month for our trip (in september), it's always too short but it's still not bad haha, don't worry for your special weather we also know what that mean in Switzerland and we prefer the "north weather" anyway ;)...As soon as I have a first idea of our road I'll create a post to have any good suggestions !

Hi there,

2 road-trips so far:

Norway in 2016

Italy in 2017

See you !
Welcome:)

You will have to share some nice campsites with us in your erea,
We have stayed on 2 campsites in Switzerland both on the banks of lake Geneva either side.one was an aire right next to a marina and cafe .very chilled place and experience too ha ha.also we snowboard in le grand bornand every year.that’s not too far from you...your very lucky

^ Was the Lake Geneva site next to Marina the one also next to Tennis Club & Pizzeria?

Just googled it:
Camping Le Petit Bois
camping.jpg

campingpizza.jpg

Last edited:
^ Was the Lake Geneva site next to Marina the one also next to Tennis Club & Pizzeria?
Yes for the pizzeria not too sure about the tennis courts it was a few years back ??