Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi from the Lakes!

Timø

Timø

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I guess so many introductions to this forum start with "Well we finally got round to getting a Cali......." so you'll not be disappointed with this one then!

After many years starting with tents, then a trailer with bigger tents - and gazebos and chairs and a whole 'hoi polloi' of other stuff which took about a week to set up with all the things four kids need, then a caravan or two (yuck), and latterly borrowing or renting a series of Campers and (dare I say) Motorhomes, at last we found ourselves able to consider getting our own.

Almost buying a fairly new converted van, we happened to stumble upon a wonderful Night Blue T5 California Se 174. Ten years old but with just 28k genuine miles and a former owner who insisted on a full VW service every 5k, it just ticked every box!
Almost every time I go in it, I discover another really clever design or hidden space and the forums in the club have been so useful in working out what's what. I'm sure other motorists must wonder why Cali drivers are almost alway grinning!
We've had our first wildcamp (surely there must be another word for camping off the grid in our luxury wendy house on wheels and are soon to set off into the wilds of the West Highlands.
We live up in the beautiful Lake District so can answer many local questions.
Be sure to look out for 'Tiggy' if you're up here. You'll recognise her.

By the way, my kids think I'm daft for waving at other Cali's, many of whom just look at me in puzzlement. Does this still go on?
Beep beep. Timø

Welcome...you will be expected to provide photographic evidence that this camper do exist.

Re the wave.....i'm trying to but i have found i either wave to late or i get over enthusiastic and start waving at any van with a VW badge on the front.

Welcome on board !

Welcome, I will look out for you when we are up in the Lakes. :thumb

Ours is 10 years old too!

And definitely wave to other VW campers... :welcome

Hi Tim Welcome to the forum I wave if I'm quick enough