Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi...just joined

Kenneth Dailey

Kenneth Dailey

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Picked up my 12 month old California Beach 150 DSG a week ago.
We had not expected to get it so soon but all went well so our first trip was to a caravan in Wales we had slready booked. Never had a campervan before so lots to learn.
We live in the NW and look forward to using our Cali.
My big unknown is the electrics of the California Beach T6 ...It has two sockets in back ...one is a 13amp like at home and the other is like a care cigarette lighter socket .... do these only work when connected to an outside power supply ??????
Im not stupid just ignorant : )

Thanks

Ken

welcome!

The 240 volt will only work when on hook-up to take power into the van.

Hi and welcome , lots to read on electrics in the specific forum section.
The electrics shoud work using the lesure battery beware only low power usage ( hope someone with a beach can give correct figures) , i think the home socket also works on the lesure battery in the Beach...?
and if your beach has a 220v hook up plug ( witch i suppose so ) you can plug it in at a campsite 220v .

Picked up my 12 month old California Beach 150 DSG a week ago.
We had not expected to get it so soon but all went well so our first trip was to a caravan in Wales we had slready booked. Never had a campervan before so lots to learn.
We live in the NW and look forward to using our Cali.
My big unknown is the electrics of the California Beach T6 ...It has two sockets in back ...one is a 13amp like at home and the other is like a care cigarette lighter socket .... do these only work when connected to an outside power supply ??????
Im not stupid just ignorant : )

Thanks

Ken
Hi Ken & welcome!
We have a 4 month old Cali Beach. The two living area plug ins work in different ways. The 13amp ( 230v three pin socket) will only work when on EHU. The other should work all the time off the leisure battery. You can use this to power certain fridges or cool boxes when on the move. Once on a site, you can either hook the van up to the EHU or use the EHU as a direct feed into your awning (if you have one) where, by using an simple adapter, you can then attach to an normal 4 gang extension lead and power a kettle, the fridge etc etc. All that said, our internal lighting and 12v circuit has stopped working - as has the aux diesel heater (which all run off the leaisure battery) - andso the van is into the dealership later this week to try to sort the problem out!!! There are also 12v sockets in the roof and on the door side of the three seater bench seat. These are all on the 12v leisure battery circuit. By bizarre contrast, the radio is attached to the main battery circuit! I will update you with more on the solution to our problem later in the week (I hope!)
Cheers
Ian

Hi Ken & welcome!
We have a 4 month old Cali Beach. The two living area plug ins work in different ways. The 13amp ( 230v three pin socket) will only work when on EHU. The other should work all the time off the leisure battery. You can use this to power certain fridges or cool boxes when on the move. Once on a site, you can either hook the van up to the EHU or use the EHU as a direct feed into your awning (if you have one) where, by using an simple adapter, you can then attach to an normal 4 gang extension lead and power a kettle, the fridge etc etc. All that said, our internal lighting and 12v circuit has stopped working - as has the aux diesel heater (which all run off the leaisure battery) - andso the van is into the dealership later this week to try to sort the problem out!!! There are also 12v sockets in the roof and on the door side of the three seater bench seat. These are all on the 12v leisure battery circuit. By bizarre contrast, the radio is attached to the main battery circuit! I will update you with more on the solution to our problem later in the week (I hope!)
Cheers
Ian
Wow! Thanks for the helpful reply, look forward to hearing about your successful outcome at VW
All the best. Ken

Hi Ken & welcome!
Cheers
Ian
Hi Esander
Hope all fixed for you now
I know a little more about the electrics but am still uncertain if the two batteries get charged when van plugged into 220v mains supply
Take care
Ken